took a transfer to MA and then denied

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 12:59 am
My boyfriend moved from FL to MA and took a transfer for the "same job" he had worked for over a year in FL. General Manager said yes, but needed an interview with the District manager (after he already had the ball rolling.) Thought he was set, moved to MA with what he could fit in his car and then was denied the job. The reason..."the North has better work ethics then the south" he was told. Now he cannot find a job, in the worst of economic times, because he's either up against many other people or over qualified for the job. He has applied for many and is now completely broke. Who can he go for unemployment, FL or MA? And if he reports the District manager for prejudice, will anything really be done about it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,989 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Sglass

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 01:12 am
@oceanivy,
I suggest that you talk with the General Manager and see if you can get your job back in Florida. You were not employed in MA so I very much doubt if they will give you benifits. But do call and explain the situation and see if they have any suggestions.

In the past, I actively collected benifits from MA, moved to Texas and my unused benifits were transfered to Texas.

oceanivy (great name_
0 Replies