Ann Coulter Explains Kwanzaa

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 09:55 am
Quote:

...It is a fact that Kwanzaa was invented in 1966 by a black radical FBI stooge, Ron Karenga, aka Dr. Maulana Karenga. Karenga was a founder of United Slaves, a violent nationalist rival to the Black Panthers and a dupe of the FBI.

...In what was probably ultimately a foolish gamble, during the madness of the '60s the FBI encouraged the most extreme black nationalist organizations in order to discredit and split the left. The more preposterous the organization, the better. Using that criterion, Karenga's United Slaves was perfect. In the annals of the American '60s, Karenga was the Father Gapon, stooge of the czarist police...

In other words, Kwanzaa basically originated as part of a government plan to make Negros look stupid.

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 10:08 am
I can't speak to the origins, but Kwanzaa is stupid. and offensive:
Quote:
An African-American scholar and social activist, Ron Karenga created Kwanzaa in 1966 as the first African-American holiday.[2] Karenga said his goal was to "...give Blacks an alternative to the existing holiday and give Blacks an opportunity to celebrate themselves and history, rather than simply imitate the practice of the dominant society."[3] The name Kwanzaa derives from the Swahili phrase "matunda ya kwanza", meaning "first fruits". The choice of Swahili, an East African language, reflects its status as a symbol of Pan-Africanism, especially in the 1960s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwanzaa

If someone decides to give the majority that I am part of the finger, I expect a good reason for the flip-off. "because I felt like it" does not qualify.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 10:29 am
This is exactly why I hate Mother's Day -- a made up holiday celebrating a minority party.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 10:59 am
@boomerang,
Except that mothers day is not only to celebrate individuals who happen to be mothers, it is also to honor the archetype mother.

Except that mothers day was not established with the direct aim of giving people a place to go in place of a long established holiday.

Except that everyone has/had a mother, so mothers day is as majority as it can be. Very few feel a need to celebrate African ancestry, it is an extreme minority.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 03:04 pm
Since I am not Black, I do not see how I can comment on the merits, or lack of merits, of an African-American holiday? Who am I to judge whether the reasons for developing the holiday are valid?

I thought this holiday has something to do with solidarity in their community? It espouses certain wisdom, I thought?

Did we not just recently see a variant of African wisdom portrayed by Hillary: It takes an election to lose a village's constituency.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 03:18 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Since I am not Black, I do not see how I can comment on the merits, or lack of merits, of an African-American holiday. Who am I to judge whether the reasons for developing the holiday are valid?

You are a member of a more important group, the entire human race. You are a stake holder in the human race, thus you have grounds to make value judgements on what any individual or subgroup does, as well as the right to take action against it/them if it is needed to promote the best interests of the human race.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 04:11 pm
Whether or not Kwanzaa is stupid, offiensive... or God's light shining through the African community one thing's for sure...ann coulter is a hateful, opportunistic, pot stirring, trouble making, stinking ****. Nothing changes that.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 04:18 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
agreeded
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 05:48 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
You are correct
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Since I am not Black, I do not see how I can comment on the merits, or lack of merits, of an African-American holiday. Who am I to judge whether the reasons for developing the holiday are valid?

You are a member of a more important group, the entire human race. You are a stake holder in the human race, thus you have grounds to make value judgements on what any individual or subgroup does, as well as the right to take action against it/them if it is needed to promote the best interests of the human race.

Your point above can be argued in an Ethics course. I take the position that since some people subscribe primarily to their ethnicity and/or race, rather than primarily on the universal aspect of being a human, I do not think I have the right to stand in judgement of anyone's definition of themselves.

Also, why does anyone voice an opinion against Kwanzaa? It is a holiday that has as much positive aspects as any other holiday, I believe. Any concerns about Chanukah? That commemorates a battle against the ancient Assyrians (Greeks in those days). I would guess some people could wonder how that is getting equal billing, in some regions, to Christmas greetings. Is that sort of incongruous - Peace on Earth and Victory over the Assyrians?

I will now go back to minding my own business.

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:20 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Also, why does anyone voice an opinion against Kwanzaa? It is a holiday that has as much positive aspects as any other holiday, I believe. Any concerns about Chanukah? That commemorates a battle against the ancient Assyrians (Greeks in those days). I would guess some people could wonder how that is getting equal billing, in some regions, to Christmas greetings. Is that sort of incongruous - Peace on Earth and Victory over the Assyrians?

A great number of people to include me would argue that the Jews have hurt the themselves over and over again with their demand to remain separate and do their own culture to include holidays. I would also argue that the Jewish history is so long and so solid of evidence against the practice that no one should be trying to prove that remaining separate can work.
Foofie

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
You are saying Jews can become Gentiles? Is that not an oxymoron?

Also, if you notice the sequence of events, Gentiles did not join Jews, since Jews as monotheists were here first. One could also say that once Gentiles adopted monotheism, they pulled away from its Jewish roots.

But, being Jewish and non-religious myself, please explain to me how to not be Jewish?
roger

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:45 pm
I'm agreeing with foofie on this one. I've always had trouble accepting the Confederate battle flag as racist. If I were Black, I would probably have no trouble at all. It's a different, and legitimate viewpoint.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:58 pm
@Foofie,
I am not saying that the Jews had to completely give up their way of life and become something else, but they purposefully kept themselves apart for the Christians, which hurt them. It does not matter who is first, it matters who is majority and who is minority. The Jews being the minority were expected to bend the greater amount, they refused to do so, and the resentments between the Jews and the Christians built into the final solution. The Jews are still at it, trying to make a go of a Jewish state, which again has been nothing but trouble. Remaining separate is always perceived as a thumb in the eye to those who are being kept away from. You can blame the majority all you want for intolerance, bigotry and worse, but bad names do not change human nature.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 09:46 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
You are saying Jews can become Gentiles?

A Jew can become a Christian without giving up on being Jew. In fact there's zero evidence of Jesus ever stopping being a Jew.
farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 11:32 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
)
I am not saying that the Jews had to completely give up their way of life and become something else, but they purposefully kept themselves apart for the Christians, which hurt them.

What a moron you are hawkeye. I could say the same about the Amish, the Shakers, Dukhabors, Hutterites, Moravians, Mennonites, The Lubovitchers , HAssidic Jews, Coptic Christians, Eastern Orthodox Christians. I could keep going but I ran out of names and Id have to go look up others.

The real brilliant scholarship evidenced in this thread was by Bi-Bear. Ann Coulter needs to be exposed more in public so that everyone can see what a silly douche lump of pus she is.
farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 11:34 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
A Jew can become a Christian without giving up on being Jew. In fact there's zero evidence of Jesus ever stopping being a Jew.

Wow , this thread draws em all out. My Ancestors were mostly Jews who thoughtfully switched to Christianity so the fuckin Czar's men wouldnt elimanate them.

JESUS WAS NOT A CHRISTIAN< (IF he ever existed at all)
BillRM

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 01:30 pm
@farmerman,
Come on just because there is not record of such a person existing for a few generations after his 'life' and all the stories concerning him have a long history of being apply to other gods/persons how can you question that he is real?

LOL
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 01:32 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
What a moron you are hawkeye. I could say the same about the Amish, the Shakers, Dukhabors, Hutterites, Moravians, Mennonites, The Lubovitchers , HAssidic Jews, Coptic Christians, Eastern Orthodox Christians. I could keep going but I ran out of names and Id have to go look up others.

I never said than no others had tried. Is it your argument than some of the above examples have been successful? These groups tend to stay small and not last long, or else decide to blend into the majority, as most of the mormons have done after trying to stay separate and finding the pain extracted by the majority too great the bear.

The Amish might be a counter example, and I think their giving their youth the option to leave temporally or permanently has a lot to do with it.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 02:23 pm
@farmerman,
Jesus returned from the dead and was seen by enough people to make a valid historical case and every one of those original disciples went to their deaths rather than deny having seen that. You don't get people dying to the man over any sort of a lie or a big con.

Moreover, nobody has ever seen Chuck Darwin since HE died and nobody ever will. Big difference.