Ann Coulter Explains Kwanzaa

BillRM

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 03:01 pm
@gungasnake,
Seem by who? Once more no record of this story exist dating back anywhere near the date it was suppose to had occur.

Sorry but this have all the ear marks of a fairy tale.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 03:47 pm
"Jesus" was seen by those who benefited from the Jesus myth. A religion, at its inception, always has some sort of revelation and requires martyrs and some sort of a written mythopoeia. The Jesus legends all fit. ALl "relics" have been debunked or shown to be actual fakes.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 05:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I am not saying that the Jews had to completely give up their way of life and become something else, but they purposefully kept themselves apart for the Christians, which hurt them. It does not matter who is first, it matters who is majority and who is minority. The Jews being the minority were expected to bend the greater amount, they refused to do so, and the resentments between the Jews and the Christians built into the final solution. The Jews are still at it, trying to make a go of a Jewish state, which again has been nothing but trouble. Remaining separate is always perceived as a thumb in the eye to those who are being kept away from. You can blame the majority all you want for intolerance, bigotry and worse, but bad names do not change human nature.

When someone starts a sentence above, "The Jews..." I find it hard to explain myself.

What I think you are saying, I believe, is just that any identified minority must be more aware of the feelings of the majority, to prevent the majority from feeling threatened; their ego, or whatever.

Actually, if you ever went to Israel, you might decide that many Israelis look like a bunch of Hebrew speaking Gentiles. They often do not really have the "look" that many Americans identify as Jewish. My point is that I believe there is no such thing as Jews, even though Jews themselves may want to believe that. There is just a Jewish religion. There are no Jewish genes. Jews, like all denominations of Protestants, or Catholics, for example, prefer oftentimes the social company of their own. You find that clannish, or what? So, everyone might just be clannish.

I think the dirty little secret is that for their very small numbers in the span of human history, the people that subscribe to the Jewish religion seem to do this or that totally disproportionate to their small numbers. Yes, that can make the majority very resentful. Especially when so many in the majority have to be mediocre, if one constructs a bellcurve for humanity.

In other words, Judaism (the religion, not the movie) has a way of instilling oftentimes certain traits that make for a very competitive group. No one likes competition. So, how would "Jews" mingle more with non-Jews, and make the non-Jews feel less negative about this competitive group? Perhaps, young Jewish students should do the homework for all non-Jewish classmates? Joking aside, the reality is that Jews, as an identifiable group, have survived all these millenia because (this is the big secret), some non-Jews in power have found Jews a very valuable resource. Yes, many non-Jews in positions of power trust a Jew, more than their own ("their own" may want the top dog position; not the Jew; he is often content to be the underling, in my opinion).

Lastly, I believe what you have espoused just reflects one version of the "popular culture" that tends to blame the victim. You know, like if certain groups were more industrious, today they would be doing better.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 07:09 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
You are saying Jews can become Gentiles?

A Jew can become a Christian without giving up on being Jew. In fact there's zero evidence of Jesus ever stopping being a Jew.

I believe you are adding apples to oranges, so to speak. Many people do. A Christian is just a person that practices Christianity. A Jew is just a person that practices, or identifies, with Judaism, religiously or ethnicly. However, many people believe being a Jew is like a dominant genetic trait, in that it is an inheritable trait. That, I believe, is just a result of two thousand years of anti-Semitism brainwashing the masses.

So, to disagree with your statement above, regardless of how many people subscribe to it, if a Jew becomes a Christian, he/she is an apostate. Not a Jew at Church. A Christian at Church. If you analyze your statement above, can you see that from the perspective of a Jewish person, that might decide to become a Christian, the fact that fellow Christians may still consider him/her a "Jew" can be perceived as anti-Semitic (like a rose, is a rose, is a rose)?

0 Replies