Will computers ever be as intelligent as people?

husker

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 09:47 pm
bookmarking
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 11:56 pm
IQ does not measure intelligence.

Computers are not intelligent, they merely imitate intelligence. They may appear intelligent, but only because the veiwer does not know how they work. Until you build a computer with our specific biology, it will never truly be "intelligent" the same way a human is. But if that happened, would you call it a computer, or a clone?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:11 am
Ricardo_Tizon wrote:
there is something that they will never be able to even if scientists puts all there efforts in it. It is called, emotions; love, hatred, prejudice and happiness, etc.

1. Since the brain is, in fact, an electrochemical computer, with no magic involved, only physics and chemistry, then it follows that computers can be made which are as smart as humans, and frankly, it's not hard to see that they could be smarter,
2. Present day computers are neither smart, nor are they thinking.
3. Our brains are hard wired to have emotions. The presence of emotions in the design of the brain is a result of the conditions under which we evolved. Computers would not have them unless specifically designed in, but they could be designed in. Since the brain produces emotions, and the brain is a computer, other computers could be constructed to have them too.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 11:41 am
The human brain has the capacity to store more information than any computer made thus far and ever will be made. There is no way, mark my words and remember them, man or woman will be able to make a computer that will surpass the brain. I don't have to prove it time will. It has been prove, though, that the human brain was made to live forever. There is no computer that can last forever. And computers with emotions is laughable, imaginative but laughable. Until it happens it is not true. This is like is there aliens out there? If there was we would have already found out. Objects can not be smarter then the one who created them.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 10:37 pm
I'm sure we'll make a computer with a bigger better memory that an human's some day. They already surpass ours in longevity. But memory isn't what makes people human.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 11:14 pm
Humans are capable of imigination which leads to creative pursuits. Computers will never reach that level.
0 Replies