I'm not sure what made me blink more, the title or the story

nimh

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 07:06 pm
Quote:
Man who snatched wig will have toupee

TAIPEI (Reuters) - A man was detained in Taiwan after snatching the wig of a member of parliament who had complained against the former president Chen Shui-bian's release from jail, officials said on Tuesday.

Chiu Yi, a ruling Nationalist Party law-maker who has become a household name for his media-friendly offensives against the political opposition, lost his wig on Monday outside the Control Yuan, a government watchdog for state worker conduct.

Chiu had complained to the Control Yuan about the judge who let Chen out of jail on Saturday, pending trial, a Yuan publicist said. Chen was indicted a day earlier for graft, forgery and money laundering.

A Chen supporter grabbed Chiu's wig outside the building, baring a mostly bald head, the publicist and local media said. "It feels like someone pulled my pants down in public," Chiu was quoted telling reporters later.

Police at the Control Yuan arrested the wig snatcher but later released him on T$15,000 ($452) bail.

"With that kind of bail, it means the crime isn't too severe," the Control Yuan publicist said. "But it's unclear what the name of the crime should be called."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,830 • Replies: 1
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 10:37 pm
@nimh,
That took a little while to seep in...
0 Replies