Can any illegal drug be good for someone?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 06:32 am
@roger,
roger wrote:
That does it!

Get that government out of my life and OFF MY BACK!
The Sons of Liberty took that position!

David
roger

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 05:27 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Did somebody cut off their coffee? I thought they were about tea, which I can take or leave.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 11:19 am
@roger,
But only in regard to your own drugs of choice, not someone else's drugs of choice, right?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 11:30 am
@shay15,
shay15 wrote:

Well nothing else was working. People know the negative effects of drugs, and yet they still choose to submit themselves to them.

I say let them.
Quote:
Now, I'm not saying people don't do the same with alcohol and cigarettes, but we can't assume we can fix drugs by taking a more scientific and peaceful approach to it. It doesn't work. Some things need to just be straight up banned because there is nothing good that comes from them.

Why do you make a distinction between alcohol and tobacco and other drugs?
Quote:
Drugs are too dangerous to have people waste time experimenting with how they effect each individual life, because we know they do harm to the majority of the people involved after a certain amount of time. We scientifically know this happens. . .

Actually, we know that the majority of the people use addictive drugs (e.g. alcohol) regularly throughout their lives without any severe adverse affects.
Quote:
and now we need a stronger force to enforce it because people themselves won't take that responsibility.

That was tried with alcohol and it was a dismal failure. In addition to any social and medical problems that the abuse of alcohol may have had, it compounded the cost to society by adding a severe criminal aspect to its illegalization.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 10:01 am
@InfraBlue,
What InfraBlue said is accurate.

David
0 Replies

bulldogcoma

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 10:46 pm
@secondchance,
I would strongly disagree that illegal drugs are good for no one. Take something such as ayahuasca which stimulates receptors in your brain which allow it to receive larger amounts of it for the rest of your life. Its illegal due to DMT, but has been used for thousands of years by south american shamans to induce dream (some say god) like visions in the user and bring them to terms with their internal issues. Drugs allow one to bypass the ego, if only for a short amount of time, and begin to see certain things for what they really are rather than what society has imprinted within our fragile little psyches. A glimpse of alternate reality can have very positive effects on people. Not always, but sometimes. Everything in moderation.
0 Replies