gogle your name, wishin ya better luck than me..

Green Witch

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 01:43 pm
I actually come up as myself, but I also have the same name as a well published doctor who lives in NYC, a real estate lawyer in FL, and a woman who will sell you her video on the proper technique for striping and pole dancing.
jespah

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 02:45 pm
@Green Witch,
Anything out there with my name on it is about me -- my name's unique.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 03:06 pm
@OGIONIK,
636,000 references to my name when it's in quotes.

I even have my own wikipedia pages (not for me, but for my name).
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 03:23 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
...and a woman who will sell you her video on the proper technique for striping and pole dancing.

I got a visual of a Polish zebra doing the polka.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 03:28 pm
18,100 references with my name and last name between quotes.
744 references when I add my second last name. 742 about me. Plus scattered references (9) with my nicknames... not counting fbaezer.
Francis

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 03:38 pm
@fbaezer,
That's amazing I only have 14 400 hits about your name.

But I found the ones that refer to yourself..
Izzie

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 04:20 pm
@OGIONIK,
I'm a YOGA expert.... well, HA, I wish!
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 04:23 pm
@George,
George wrote:

Read the article? I fell asleep reading the title.

ditto! hahaha..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 04:32 pm
@Izzie,
I haven't looked lately. There are a lot of people out there with the short part of my first name, which I go by, plus my last, so then I don't see myself for several pages if then. If I look up my full first name with last name, I too drag up some medical papers. I was author (not prime) on a couple and thanked on another bunch. That was a long time ago. Now I probably couldn't begin to explain them, or perhaps even read them. Trying to remember, though, they might have cost money to access.

There's one newspaper interview of my business partner and I that I hope doesn't ever show up. The interviewer made something like 68 factual errors, misquotes, or typos (we counted), plus the photo was atrocious - yet another lesson in humility for us. That was shortly after followed by her daughter framing it, nicely, at some fair expense, for us to hang in the office. We hid it. Luckily, she didn't live near our area so wouldn't just drop in.
djjd62

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 05:29 pm
got thinking about one of the results fro my name search, couldn't place a phrase that was included in the descriptions, it was about me because it had one of my email addresses with it

it was the memorial guestbook for cavfancier
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 05:43 pm
@Francis,
Funny, just re-googled, and it says there are 18,200 references. Seems that the system isn't exact.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 08:20 pm
@ossobuco,
Maybe you don't have to worry about it, Osso--one of the two main newspapers here just went under and you can't access its archives anymore online Wink
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 10:41 pm
@OGIONIK,
Well, a lovely reference to a scientist studying sea slugs in Western Australia... There seem to be a lot of scientists and professional people here (not including you, OG, unless your research in nuclear physics is top secret)...
0 Replies