PARENTS NAME KID "ADOLF HITLER CAMPBELL"

eoe

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 06:20 pm
@hingehead,
You may have a point. To a younger generation, the name doesn't carry as much weight, I suppose. Maybe.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 06:21 pm
There are other names equally vile, Pol Pot comes to mind, but I believe Adolph Hitler will top the list for a very long time.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 06:23 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
So, I imagine that theyve given serious consideration as to how, by naming their kid after some maniac of history, thye ensure that their child will have no self esteem problems as he grows up.

Oh I'm certain they've given that due consideration, farmer!

Some kids sure are lucky with the deal they get in life, aren't they? Rolling Eyes

This reinforces my belief that a basic IQ test score might be a reasonable prerequisite for those considering reproduction. ....
hingehead

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:27 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
it IS the defining name that triggers Godwyns Law

I'm wondering if that's the thing it will be most notable for. I wonder if future generations of A2Kers will be leaving threads based on Godwyn's and wondering 'who the heck is Adolf Hitler'. Then I wonder, who's going to equate anyone with Adolf Hitler if no-one knows who he is?

I see Attila is a pretty common name these days (although that is quite a few centuries ago).
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:14 pm
I can think of no motivation for giving a kid this name than to give society the finger by disregarding cultural norms. But really, adults should do this on their own time if they see the need, and leave kids out of it.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 11:32 am
@farmerman,
thats funny f man

I used to live near a pub where the licensee was Fredrick Joseph Stalin Smith.

(actually I forgot his first and last name, but I sure remember his middle names!)
saab

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 01:05 pm
@Steve 41oo,
Take a look at this if you want funny names

http://www.funnynames.com/funny_names_for_people/
0 Replies

Nefarious47

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 01:28 pm
Adolf Hitler......wow.
0 Replies

Nefarious47

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 01:29 pm
That would suck balls once you hit middle school.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 03:41 pm
OK. I agree with verything that's been said so far. Those parents need serious psychiatric care and I feel a great wave of sympathy for the poor kid. But -- there's always a "but", isn't there? -- aren't we overreacting just a tad? I mean, the parents are scumbags, yes, but need the name by itself really impact the kid to the extent that we're predicting here? There's nothing particularly bad about Adolph Campbell. Even Adolph H. Campbell doesn't conjure up immediate images of swastika arm-bands. Call him Dolph for short. Nobody actually need know his full and legal name in school or work or elsewhere.
farmerman

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 03:48 pm
@Merry Andrew,
OH YEH, WE ARE ALL OVER REACTING AT THE KIDS NAME WHICH IS
ADOLPH FUCKIN HITLER CAMPBELL

Where ya been MA??
Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 03:50 pm
@farmerman,
Did you read the entire post, Farmer?
farmerman

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 03:52 pm
@Merry Andrew,
CHECK Who is the author of the thread.

spendius

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 05:06 pm
@farmerman,
Authoritarian control eh?
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 09:16 pm
@msolga,
what then if they are smarter than most

and what if they are not
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 07:59 am
It is simply a not unexpected manifestation of parental hegemony and the unfettered exercise of what is called, for want of a better word, independence.

Before this cultural outcrop was exposed to view by the action of the waves, the registrar would have heard what the silly sods said and would have written on the official record " Arthur Harold" or somesuch. The moving finger writes.

But then again Hitler had not arrived on the scene at that time.

The psychologists have a name for the syndrome. I have forgotten what it is. Does anyone know it? It is probably derived from the Latin translation of "barmy buggers" with an "is" on the end or an "ic". Mr David Beckham and his wife have it. Their three sons are named Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz. They only have a mild dose.

It is a relatively minor aspect of competitive parenting. That is a game played by upwardly mobile idiots in which the kids are the ball.

When all the kids are the ball, as is the case in the power struggle over teaching evolution in schools, the experts in the game played in the streets of the neighbourhood have a marked advantage similar to the advantage to be gained from playing snooker in one's formatives.

I wonder what a comparison of the Christian names of the protagonists of each side would look like. The US has recently rejected a John in favour of a Barack after a George was stood down by a piece of paper written by some old geezers who we have all "heered tell" of.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 11:44 am
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

OK. I agree with verything that's been said so far. Those parents need serious psychiatric care and I feel a great wave of sympathy for the poor kid. But -- there's always a "but", isn't there? -- aren't we overreacting just a tad? I mean, the parents are scumbags, yes, but need the name by itself really impact the kid to the extent that we're predicting here? There's nothing particularly bad about Adolph Campbell. Even Adolph H. Campbell doesn't conjure up immediate images of swastika arm-bands. Call him Dolph for short. Nobody actually need know his full and legal name in school or work or elsewhere.

nah, nefarious got it right.

that name totally sucks balls.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 02:58 pm
When they send him to an all Jewish school I'm sure he won't get beaten up...MUCH!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 04:27 pm
In other news, a brilliant woman in Winnipeg, Manitoba, has lost custody of her two children for drawing a swastika on her daughter's arm. Her daughter had drawn a swastika on her arm, and the teacher scrubbed it off. When she got home and told her mother, the mother helped her to draw the swastika gain, and sent her to school that way. Child and Family Services picked the girl up at school, and came to the home to get her brother. The mother told CBC News:

"It was one of the stupidest things I've done in my life but it's no reason to take my kids."

After that fling at understatement of the year award, she explained her "reasoning" in the matter:

Quote:
Although she proudly wears a silver necklace that includes a swastika and has "white pride" flags in her home, the mother, who can't be named to avoid identifying her children, denies she's a neo-Nazi or white supremacist.

"A black person has a right to say black power or black pride and yet they're turning around on us and saying we're racists and bigots and neo-Nazis because we say white pride. It's hypocrisy at its finest."

Source at CBC News

While i consider this woman to be unbelievably stupid, i agree that CFS had no justification for taking the children away.
dlowan

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 04:44 pm
@Setanta,
Agreed....but, knowing media reports of such events vs reality, I would hope that what is reported is far from the whole story.
0 Replies