What the F*&^%????

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:06 pm
LOL, that's funny.

Can you remind me of a vulgar South African expression I once learned? It was based on the premise that the British decendants had one foot in England and one in Africa and their privates dangling in the water. I just can't remember exactly what it was.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:10 pm
yeah it is amusing, but to be honest wouldn't ahve it any other way it's given me a great perspective on the world and a great out look, I wouldn't trade places in the wolrd with any one.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:10 pm
what are you Craven?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:12 pm
Me? Like nationality or ethnicity? Well I am a caucasian American but it means even less in my life than it does for others. I have not lived in America exclusively.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:18 pm
I don't really care what peopel are just wanted to see what you were cos you got the boat rocking... Razz

It was hertigage day yesterday it was great!!
At the Mardi Gras I went to, these two upper class jewsih white boys were rapping about how to make the African renasisance happen it was lekker (SA slang for cool). Such a feeling of togetherness. The one dude said we must slice hatred off like his circumsion. AAAh man standing in teh crowd with rich people, poor people, white people, black people, indians, orientels and hearing that it was great!!! It made we want to cry seriously it did to see how far we have come in less then 10 years.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:19 pm
I too am Amazed at the progress. I have seen and heard of few peoples as bitterly divided as those in South Africa. I hope things improve, I know it ain't easy over there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:21 pm
tagged, Next time you visit Cape Town, please visit one of the Shanty Towns, and walk around with kids holding your hands. Listen to the leaders for the reasons why whites in South Africa do not visit the Shanty Towns. c.i.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:26 pm
dude my ex boy friend lived and comes from soweto I have been to the townships i went to school with many children who's parents where involved in teh struggle
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:31 pm
my father works right near the old mine hostels wich are now serious slums, i go to his work often enough too and see what goes ont ehir but the comunity there has pulled together to protect my father (who has been held up and beaten 5 times in the last 10 years). He hasn't been held up know for close to four because the comunity stands behind him now and realise his value.

Mu mother is writing a paper on tradtional and faith healers for her marsters she visists the poorest of the poor churhces in the townships.

I know what gugulethu and the cape flats are like. My grand mother lived in the notirous hilbrow until we moved her out 3 years ago we had to visit ehr there. Some of my friends live in Yeoville and man I go there to do other things I won't share in this forum.

I am not a sheltred rich kid living in a fools paradise.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:36 pm
Well, no one should ever being willing to give up on a person let alone a whole continent. And saying that Africa is dying sounds a lot like giving it up for dead.

And, living in a place that is becoming better would sure be a good experience. Far better than being someplace that is going downhill (like the US).
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:41 pm
Hehehe little K thats a little harsh on The US no?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:42 pm
uh, no, not really. I'm not giving up on my country, but I feel very let down.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:43 pm
thats a little harsh on the us littlek no? :p
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:44 pm
ummmm.... no.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:47 pm
sorry didn't eman to repeat myself didn't see there were to pages lol dumb drunk ass that I am.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 06:21 pm
haha!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 07:26 pm
I wasn't, as a point of reckoning, telling you about your country or continent, just that I think it's high time we here in the west begin to pay attention to the problems and help. But I won't, in future, pay any attention to you because obviously it's not welcome.
Ceili
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 02:31 pm
Okay ceilie take it personaly all vies can clash and this forum is made specifically for being able to dot hat don't you think? no need to be so personel.
0 Replies