Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 10:34 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,300 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 11:00 pm
Interesting. This can be similar in a garden, that red can dominate more than for its proportional number of plants - a single red flower can disproportionately engage the eye, sort of like a "specimen" planting, or somewhat as a piece of sculpture against a background of "others". Not that I don't like red, but its use can be tricky. Same with painting.
mismi

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 12:13 am
@ossobuco,
Haven't they always said red is a power color - you wear a red tie at an interview or a red dress. It shows confidence and it sets you apart...I love red. But I never considered myself a confident, powerful person - maybe it's just envy. huh. But there may be something to it.

That's very cool....a color may possibly change your perception of someone.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 01:28 am
Interesting!

It's surely not an advantage if you're playing against me!

I know when I play tennis, if an opponent is wearing something red, I do seem to hit a disproportionate number of balls at them Embarrassed - it's almost as if my eye is riveted to the red, like a target, and can't see another thing. I've noticed this many times in myself - not sure if it affects others. I spend a lot of time apologising. I'm always quite sensitive to colour, though.

Consequently, I never wear red on a tennis court - just in case others are affected the same way. Confused
0 Replies