What color are your eyes?

aidan

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 02:23 am
@edgarblythe,
Edgar saod:
Quote:
Not meaning to derail the thread, but two of the most dysfunctional persons I have ever known are "lefties."

Edgar - yeah- I'm sure that's part of it - I tend to be drawn to people whose lifestyles and behaviors are just a little bit left of center - those are the people I like to teach, and those are the people I enjoy talking to and interacting with - probably mainly because I'm so damned responsible 99% of the time - it's like a little vacation to experience some disfunction vicariously through friends.

I wouldn't want to marry a majorly disfunctional person- I wouldn't want to have to depend upon a majorly disfunctional person in any way- but I like hanging out with people whose lives and experiences have been different than mine.

That being said - probably my three favorite people in the world (other than my mother) and I mean favorite in terms of how much I enjoy spending time with them - are left handed. All are musicians - one was an artist as well-another was a writer as well - and all three are kind of fucked up- yeah- but REALLY funny, devil may care sorts and fun to be around.

But here's an interesting question: do you think lefties might tend to have certain personality characteristics that others would consider disfunctional because of the way they're treated as 'different'? You know sort of a self-fulfilling prophesy of sorts?

Spendius - I thought Joe's image was beautiful because of the word 'sorrow' he included. I think that's a beautiful word - in fact one of the most beautiful in the English language. If it didn't have such negative connotations - I think I might have named my daughter that - or at least my dog...

And to me sorrow is not always necessarily negative - it's an emotion- necessary sometimes and a part of life...

0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 02:47 am
My daughter, at 17 months, is showing all signs of being a "leftie". I hope she's "functional"!
aidan

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 03:05 am
@Wilso,
Wilso - I thought my daughter was going to be left handed too- when she was a baby - I was excited about it - it seemed sort of special to me. She used to always use her left hand to pick up toys, food, to point with, etc.

But she picked upa writing utensil with her write hand and writes righty. She's fairly ambidexterous though - she can draw mirror images with her right and left hand and you can't tell the difference.

My son is fairly ambidexterous too - he writes with his write hand, but is lefty at sports - kicks left in soccer - bats left in baseball

Spendius - that girl was on the cover of the magazine BECAUSE of her eyes. The editor could have picked out any little Afghan girl to put on the cover - but her eyes caught his attention - and the world's (until they moved on to the subject of which new SUV to buy).
Talk about pools of sorrow - imagine what that woman has seen in her lifetime..and starting at such a young age.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 06:53 am
I didn't write that to down lefties. I think it helps to illustrate that there are all kinds of lefties, same as righties.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 06:54 am
Be aware there's all different levels of left and right handedness.

My sister and I would both be classified as left handed if they saw us writing, but that's where the similarity ends.

She's very lefthanded, doing most things a righty would do with their right hand with her left.

I, on the "other hand", do everything with my right hand that a righty would do w/ his right.....except writing.

No one ever forced or even encouraged either of us to use our right hands, it just turned out that way.

Funny story....when I was in college I had a part time job at a store. I was writing out a form for a couple at the counter. The woman said "I feel so sorry for you."

excuse me?

"You're writing with your left hand. It must have been so hard for you to learn to do that."

Her husband looked at her like he didn't recognize this person he'd been married to for 20 plus years.
mismi

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 07:09 am
@chai2,
My eyes are blue/grey/green...

I have twins and one does everything right handed and the other does everything but sports right handed. He bats, golfs, plays tennis - all with the left hand. He just did it...he says it "feels" better.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 07:41 am
@mismi,
I have brown eyes and am right handed which is pretty damn boring.
I eat with my fork and knife the wrong way round though.
Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 08:28 am
@chai2,
I am left handed, but I am unable to cut lefty with scissors.
spendius

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 09:43 am
@Phoenix32890,
Do you know that you can buy scissors for sinistrals?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 03:48 pm
Hazel, with splotches of Brown.
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7213/eyes2bi8.jpg
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 03:55 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
so you hold the tines of your fork and the blade of you knife Confused
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 05:00 pm
@djjd62,
Yeah. I'm also a retard.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 05:34 pm
red and white striped...with some blue in the middle...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 07:34 pm
chestnut brown sometimes, dark brown others...
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 12:00 am
Light Brown, but they get a bit yellow-green in the cold months.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 02:14 am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color
aidan

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 08:19 am
@Pamela Rosa,
so what color are your eyes , Pamela Rosa?
that was an interesting article - I hadn't realized the distinction between amber and hazel eyes and that green eyes are the rarest - and that most of the people who have green eyes are women.
The reason that is interesting to me is that my son has extremely striking light green eyes - almost as striking as the girl from Afghanistan...so it was interesting to read that the same deposit of lipochrome is present in green and in amber eyes...genetics are fascinating
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:32 am
@aidan,
beautiful brown eyes. that's what all the guys said lol.
aidan

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:06 am
@dirrtydozen22,
Re: aidan (Post 3497742)
Quote:
dirty dozen said:
beautiful brown eyes. that's what all the guys said lol.

about whose, pamela rosa's or yours? I'm really curious as to what color her eyes are, I have a hunch - I'd like to know if I'm right.

I don't have any hunches about yours, no concept of who you are. Pleased to meet you however.
Pamela Rosa

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 12:03 pm
@aidan,
Hi Aidan
The color of my eyes are supposed to be blue, but when I look at some of my pictures sometimes they're grey/blue.
0 Replies