Tough Riddle

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 07:13 pm
Basically your P, and you need to get to D. But you have to hit every space, and you can only hit each space once. And you can only go horizontally or vertically. Good luck.

Riddle:

http://i33.tinypic.com/2nk7192.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 961 • Replies: 3
No top replies

markr

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 09:47 pm
@jlb8soccer,
It's impossible based on parity. Color the 8x8 grid as a checkerboard. Assume you start on white. Your first move will take you to a black square. Your second move will take you to a white square. Odd numbered moves take you to a black square, and even numbered moves take you to a white square. It takes 63 moves to cover the board, so your last move is to a black square. However, you're required to end on a white square.
moonlighter018

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:18 pm
already got the answer... move horizontally 7 boxes from p to the right of the screen then up vertically from where 5 boxes from where you are not toucjing the used up boxes, then way left across reaching the top of p, then one box up then to the right not thouching the used box again, then way up to the level one box below d then repeat it again and again leaving you the last horizontal line at the top most of the box all the way to letter d
0 Replies

rg123

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 11:40 am
@markr,
If you haven't already read it, you'd probably enjoy the book "The Chess Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes" by Raymond Smullyan. Been a while since I read it, but problems included reasoning like this.
0 Replies