Anyone interested in a third San Francisco Gathering?

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 02:13 pm
If you are, please provide us with some recommendations for month and/or dates for the summer/fall months.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,421 • Replies: 14
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 08:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Since I missed you when you were down here in San Diego, and George OB
didn't make it due to rain (sissy as he is), I'd be interested, but not before
next summer. July/August would be fine, and the weather would then be more
tolerable up there too!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 06:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
July or October would be best for us. We're not traveling during the months of August or September any more due to the Gulf Coast hurricane threat (among other concerns, we have to board the dog when we go out of town and the kennels all close and evacuate under a storm threat, like everybody else).

Wasn't our A2K Gathering in '04 in July? Seems like it was. We're going to stay in that funky little hotel where ossobuco lodged, I know that much.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 04:04 pm
Geesh, people. Don't be shy, and tell us whether you're interested in a gathering in San Francisco - preferably between May and September, 2009.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 04:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, even though I couldn't make the last one.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 04:13 pm
@PDiddie,
Hi, PDid. I'm almost sure it was May, and I stayed at the Adagio (the one I gave a link for earlier on this thread). If you try it, check the airline hotel deals. Mine might have been a fluke, but it was way better than hotel and airline would have been separately. I didn't rent a car - didn't need one, took an airport van to Market Street - so I don't know about garage fees. (Though I've also had, on another trip, an airport van pick me up at a pal's house).
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 04:19 pm
Yes, I'm interested. Whether I can actually make it depends on a whole bunch of factors. Sheesh. We're talking about an event some months in the future. I don't make plans for more than a week in advance, if that. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 04:31 pm
@ossobuco,
Don't remember if you guys had had a car in 2004 or not.

I can't go this time, much as I'd like to. If anyone is staying more that just a few days, I sure do recommend a jaunt either to the wine country (and I wouldn't go on anyone's tour, myself, but pick my spots beforehand, taking more than one day, at least two, for that, but that's me) ... and I also pretty much love the whole Pt. Reyes Station-Tomales Bay area, from Olema to Tomales.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 04:41 pm
@ossobuco,
I agree with osso, but will expand on her recommendation. The longer one stays in this area, especially for those visiting for the first time, the more you will be able to see and do. It probably takes 2-3 days just to see San Francisco. Beyond that, the options are numerous that includes the wine country, Monterey-Carmel, Sausalito, Muir Woods (redwood trees), and so much more.
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 04:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
My two best memories of that last get-together, c.i., are the trip to Monterey and the one out to Muir Woods with your lovely wife along. I'd sure like to see y'all again this coming summer. Sorry I couldn't make the Hawaii meeting.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 04:53 pm
@Merry Andrew,
MA, Glad you have good memories of your visit here as do we. Let's do it again. T.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 10:26 am
@cicerone imposter,
Glad to see we have some "nibble" at this idea. LOL
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 01:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I guess many cannot consider traveling during these economic times, although I was hoping we could get some interest from those not living too far from the San Francisco Bay Area.

I personally wouldn't mind a small group, because it'll make it easier to make trips outside of the immediate area such as to Napa-Sonoma wine country, San Jose, Monterey-Carmel, Sausalito-Muir Woods, and some other sites.

I would expect that JPB and Walter would show interest by now. LOL

dyslexia

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 04:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It would take a meetup of Thomas/GeorgeOB/Bernie/Setanta/ to get me there.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 05:25 pm
@dyslexia,
Those showing interest:
Calamity Jane
PDiddie
Cyclo
Merry Andrews
dys with conditions
0 Replies