Javaid

Thu 20 Nov, 2008 12:49 pm
Hi friends...........
I am planning to make a new website in flash. I know nothing about flash.... but planing to hire someone. But I have heard that Google hates flash.

what you guys suggest??? Should I go for a flash site, or site with images and text??

Robert Gentel

Thu 20 Nov, 2008 09:20 pm
@Javaid,
Google is getting better and better at flash, but there are still limitations and for the purpose of SEO plain text is easier to optimize than flash.

But you shouldn't be worried about Google, you shouldn't use flash unless you have a good reason to. For example, if you were publishing a video, it would be an obvious choice. Flash for no reason is bad usability and makes no sense but in the right uses there's no better way than to use flash.

So if you have to ask about Google at all, you probably don't need to use (and thusly shouldn't use) flash.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Fri 21 Nov, 2008 01:49 pm
Agrees with Robert.

I hate Flash. It gives people the ability to make extraordinarily bad websites with little effort. If you have a very good reason to use it, do so.... but make your website in HTML with Flash content rather than doing the obnoxious Flash page thing.

A good website focuses on content, not on flash.
0 Replies

vikiviki

Thu 24 Feb, 2011 12:33 am
@Javaid,
i don not all site design should base on SEO.
The purpose of SEO is to bring traffic, improve the rankings, and bring customers.
at the end , customers decide the purchasing power.
So, when doing SEO, but also should pay attention to please the customer's favor, there is no doubt that flash is easier to attract customers.
what is more, now flash also can add personal links.
0 Replies

logostomake

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 01:48 am
I think Google now knows what you are doing in SEO. they made the site. So they must know all information that we don't see in our websites.
0 Replies

fredesterly

Wed 15 Jun, 2011 06:50 am
@Javaid,
Stay away from flash if you can....
0 Replies

johnniewalk

Wed 21 Dec, 2016 07:26 am
@Javaid,
Yes, flash website will not be useful for SEO optimization, because if you flash the website search engine can't able crawl your website.
0 Replies

vondadejesus

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:55 pm
It is not useful to make website in flash.
gbyte

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 07:42 am
@vondadejesus,
Yes, google hate flash sites.
0 Replies