Need Something to Get Free Shipping on Amazon? Try this site.

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 07:51 pm
Very often when I buy on Amazon, I am a few dollars short of the $25- purchase that is needed for free shipping. I found this dandy site. You put in the amount of money that you need to get the order to $25-, and choose a category or categories of items of which you are interested..

The site will give you a list of items that you can buy that will bring you to the $25- free shipping level.
http://www.filleritem.com/

What do you think of this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,101 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:15 pm
@Phoenix32890,
It's an interesting idea, because I've been in that position many times, both with amazon and other vendors. I'm simply not going to order a $10.00 item with a $7.00 shipping charge.

Thanks for the text, Phoenix. People get a good headline, drop a link, and wander off. I never follow them.
Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 06:04 am
@roger,
Rog- I agree. One of the things that I believe is important is the input of the member. The other thing that bugs me to distraction are those members who simply copy and paste an entire article.
chai2

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 06:22 am
@Phoenix32890,
I glanced at the list, and put in a few oddball numbers.

I can see where it would be useful.

However, there's a regular list of stuff I buy from amazon, so if I need to get up to the $25.00, I'll just add another unit of whatever I'm buying anyway, since I know it'll get used.

It is a pretty cool idea though.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 06:30 am
@Phoenix32890,
Books from amazon (same with any other online book shop) are free here.
(Besides that, Amazon's premium service [= overnight delivery, even when ordered late in the evening/night; no postage for any other item] isn't really expensive as well.)

It's a nice idea - but normally I know what I want to buy. Wink
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 06:34 am
@chai2,
Sometimes my husband wants 1 CD (he listens to public radio, hears something that he likes, and wants it NOW). They usually run in the high teens. As for me I would just as soon do what you do, and combine orders, but that is not to be, in my house. So I think that idea of filling in with inexpensive gadgets to make up the $25- free shippping, is a great idea.
0 Replies