Kids charged with witchcraft....

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 06:48 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/3407882/Child-witches-of-Nigeria-seek-refuge.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01110/child_witches_460_1110340c.jpg

Quote:
...Mary is a pretty five-year-old girl with big brown eyes and a father who kicked her out onto the streets in one of the most dangerous parts of the world. Her crime: the local priest had denounced her as a witch and blamed her "evil powers" for causing her mother's death....

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,731 • Replies: 3
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 06:55 am
another perfect example as to why extreme christian churches should be charged, broken up and removed from society.

Pathetic people.
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 07:02 am
@shewolfnm,
I agree, she, but it goes deeper, I think. This sort of fear-mongering appeals to people who already have deep-seated pre-Christian superstitions. Get rid of the Christian churches and some other sort of demagogue will appear to take advantage of the fears of the people for his own agrandizement.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 07:22 am
@gungasnake,
The Article wrote:
The ceremonies are highly lucrative for the spiritual leaders many of whom enjoy a lifestyle of large homes, expensive cars and designer clothes.

Religions are often corrupted by "priests" of various forms, to gain control of people and to maintain power.

Science Education would begin to undermine this type of assault on humanity.

0 Replies