Dog Got Hit by a Car

cjhsa

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 06:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I wanted a hunting dog and my daughter fell in love with this little puppy at a tiny local puppy "store". She was the runt and was with her slightly larger but less alert sister, from a local litter. They sold her to us as a "Red Tick English Coonhound". They got three of four parts right, and totally missed on the Walker as she had no black on her as a pup.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/cjhsa/Puppy001.jpg
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:04 pm
@cjhsa,
She is a real beauty cjhsa! Animals are absolutely marvelous creatures. They have this ability to survive the craziest things. I hit a cat once. I picked up the cat and put it in my arms and drove to the vet. On the way to the vet the cat died. It's body funcitons let go, etc. I was devastated. I took it onto the vet so they could take care of the body. I couldn't believe it! By the time I got to go into talk to the vet, the cat was up and walking around! Now, whether the cat was in shock or had actually died I don't know and neither did the vet. He said it wouldn't be the first time one came back. So......................I am so happy your dog is ok. I know you are a real animal lover!
George

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:17 pm
Well, if her skull can survive a hit like that, she shares a certain trait with her master!

Glad she's OK, man.
CowDoc

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 08:42 pm
@George,
Critters can be awfully tough. Some years ago, a fawn jumped out in the road in front of a car coming toward me and got blasted into the barrow pit. I stopped to check it, and had just pulled my knife to cut its throat when I looked closely into the fawn's eyes, and realized he had just been cold-cocked. We left him in the pit, and both the young lady and I checked when we came back later in the day, and he had apparently woke up and left with the doe he had followed into the road. At least, he was sure enough gone from where we left him, and he had been absolutely center-punched by a Chevrolet moving at least forty miles an hour.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 08:52 pm
@CowDoc,
on that note, and since this IS the shooter's thred...

I almost got hit by a Magnificent deer on the way home from the fooball game.

At least 12 point (it was tough to count while braking dramatically) as it leaped across the rural road in front of me by mebbe 10 feet...

verra fat and lively, and woulda ripped my little vintage toy a new one.

Dude in SUV behind me stopped to be sure I dint get clipped, and was wishin' he had his bow...

(I still root fer the deer)
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 11:35 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:

She is a real beauty cjhsa! Animals are absolutely marvelous creatures. They have this ability to survive the craziest things. I hit a cat once. I picked up the cat and put it in my arms and drove to the vet. On the way to the vet the cat died. It's body funcitons let go, etc. I was devastated. I took it onto the vet so they could take care of the body. I couldn't believe it! By the time I got to go into talk to the vet, the cat was up and walking around! Now, whether the cat was in shock or had actually died I don't know and neither did the vet. He said it wouldn't be the first time one came back. So......................I am so happy your dog is ok. I know you are a real animal lover!

8 more lives to go . . .
0 Replies