Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 01:26 pm
Will you celebrate how. I am attending a Dia de los Muertos celebration/tear down the wall demonstration at the borde tomrrow.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,873 • Replies: 8
No top replies

TilleyWink

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 02:06 pm
@TilleyWink,
http://www.dayofthedead.com/
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 02:24 pm
@TilleyWink,
You're crossing the border into Tijuana?
I wouldn't do that right now - the violence is beyond anything I've ever seen
and shoot-outs are a daily occurrence these days.
roger

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 04:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
And Juarez is just as bad. It's been placed Off Limits to US Military Personnel.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 06:28 pm
@roger,
I have read that roger! They had around 1100 murders last year, not to mention
the hundreds of women who fell victim to rapist and murderers. Those border towns are all out of control.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:18 pm
Tilley can take care of herself. I think the Dia de los Muertos concept is ever so much superior to the corny Halloween events on this side of the border. It's the difference between the Latino weltanschaung and the misunderstood corruption that the Anglos made out of the Celtic Samhain rite. (It's New Year's eve in Celtic lands tonight, you know.)
TilleyWink

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 12:12 am
@Merry Andrew,
I was in TJ on Tuesday, no problems. In fact I have never had problems there.
Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 08:06 am
@TilleyWink,
Personally, I've never had any problems anywhere in Mexico, either in any of the border towns or further down on the Yucatan peninsula. I've heard about all those recent massacres in Tijuana and Juarez in the news, but I haven't heard much about any American touristas or touristos being caught up in the crossfire.
TilleyWink

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 09:28 am
@Merry Andrew,
When you think of your family of the past. Which one spirit would you like to come back and talk with you?

I have two my great-great-great grandfather who fought four years on the Union Army. I would love to hear his take on the current presidential race. Second would by my grandmother who died in 1920 and was a suffragette. I would like to hear what she had to say about a woman running for president and vice president.
0 Replies