VIDEO

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,295 • Replies: 19
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 06:01 pm
So, it appears that a few entertainment types are backing McCain nd whatser face..
Wonder what Gramps and Sarah are gonna do after next Tues when they lose?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 06:44 pm
@farmerman,
What will the skinny black guy and Gaff Master Gramps do after they lose Tuesday night?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 06:50 pm
@H2O MAN,
I bet Penn & Teller love having their work stolen and abused in that way.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 07:17 pm
@Eorl,
I doubt Penn & Teller mind because it's for a good cause.
Eorl

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 07:23 pm
@H2O MAN,
When you Google Penn & Teller with Barack, there are a stack of people assuming that this is Penn & Tellers work. I doubt it very much. They would have made a professional job of it, and I think they would mind very much.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 08:08 pm
@Eorl,
At least the message of Obama being a BS artist is dead on.
Eorl

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 08:10 pm
@H2O MAN,
Ironic.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 08:18 pm
@Eorl,
Poignant.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 06:30 am
@farmerman,
You apparently did not even watch the video.

I suppose you do not want to face the facts.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 06:31 am
@Eorl,
Do you have an opinion on the content of the video or are you just pissy over Penn adn Teller? Rolling Eyes
parados

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 06:52 am
@Woiyo9,
It's a poorly done video that steals work from others and repeats obvious lies.

For instance - "the bottom 40% pay no taxes" is a lie in that it uses "taxes" but fails to take into account FICA when making the statement.

Penn Gillete is a very vocal supporter of Obama. He supported him in the primaries over Hillary. Teller isn't as vocal but tends to have the same leanings as Penn.

The only thing BULL **** about that video is the person that made it and their distortions of facts.

Quote:

So Obama is basically telling this guy "Screw you buddy" I will take your hard earned money and give it to others whether you like it or not.
Obama is saying no such thing. Joe the Plumber is too stupid to tell the difference between income and investment. Joe the Plumber doesn't make $250,000 a year. He won't make that much with a small plumbing business. Joe would have to make $125 in profit per hour and actually charge 40 hours per week to make that much. That means he would have to charge out his plumbing time at about $150-175. No one is going to pay that much for a plumber when they can get someone that actually has a plumbing license for $60-75 an hour. Joe would have to make OVER $250,000 to become subject to the tax increase. (I don't know of too many small businesses that can charge 40 hours a week. There is a little thing called paperwork that is required for running a business. It can take up to half of the time of a business owner.)
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 07:13 am
@parados,
BULL ****.

The Bottom 40% pay NO FEDERAL INCOME TAXES. Depending on marital staus , exemptions et al.. any taxes federal income taxes paid are refunded and you know this to be trust.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/250.html
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 07:14 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

It's a poorly done video that steals work from others and repeats obvious lies.

It's as if it was put together by the Democrats...
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 07:18 am
@Woiyo9,
Penn and Teller have a reputation for accurate scientific skepticism I, and many others, have a lot of respect for. They don't yell "Bullshit" lightly and it's extremely dishonest to use that solid reputation for this piece of amateur propaganda. It's pointless. It's not even clever or funny. The fact that people actually believe it's a Penn and Teller production definitely adds undeserved credibility. If they weren't in it, it wouldn't be anything. So the fact that the whole thing is essentially bullshit means I have not, and will not give serious consideration to the "facts" being presented. The source is clearly rubbish.
cjhsa

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 07:32 am
@H2O MAN,
The difference between Obama and Osama is just a little "bs".
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 07:53 am
@Eorl,
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ok, let's try this.

Make believe P&T are not in the video.

Do you have an opinion on the content or is it still BS since it criticizes Obama?
farmerman

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 08:09 am
@parados,
Parados, I made that point to woiyo and mysteryman the day after the joe plumber video was released. The RWN's arent interested in facts at all.

funny.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 06:29 pm
@Woiyo9,
Alright, you clearly miss the point when you assume I've missed the point, but I'll humour you...

Yeah, it's just a bunch of stuff about conflicting principles of taxation which certainly don't affect me very much here on the other side of the world. I do hope Obama wins for plenty of other reasons that do effect the whole world.

Personally I think I support low flat rate income tax and high goods and services tax, but I'm not an accountant. Philosophically the left has always viewed the world through "greatest good for all" while the right has supported rewarding individual success. Neither candidate or party in the USA is all that far from the centre. Throughout the world both extremes exist and function ok for now. We've seen collapses of communist systems and capitalist systems, I have no idea how to judge which is best.

This crap teenagers video is just an attempt to make Obama look like an evil conniving demon out to destroy his country, and who knows, maybe he is. I doubt it... I think he is further left than some Republicans would like, but his intentions are as sound as anyones, and it would seem most American voters will agree on the 4th.

I'm predicting less smileys in your posts on the 5th.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 06:58 pm
@Eorl,
Yelling BULLSHIT in response to whatever Obama says is considered a valid response no matter who or how many yell it.
0 Replies