top 10 t.v.

sozobe

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 08:14 am
@mysteryman,
This list makes me realize that I barely watch TV anymore.

I basically watch Project Runway, Jon and Kate + 8, What Not to Wear, and occasionally (like, 1 and a half shows so far) The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

I've seen "My Name is Earl" about two times and liked it a lot both times.

And political stuff, CNN especially.
chai2

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 09:26 pm
@sozobe,
I've watched maybe 4 episodes of house.

I liked it, but I could see by that time the plot is always the same.

I haven't turned the TV on for a week.
0 Replies

ashjoe

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 05:03 am
following are my favorite tv shows
family guy
friends
beyblade
aidan

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 05:21 am
@ashjoe,
Quote:
family guy
friends
beyblade

not to be the bearer of bad news but somebody told me 24 is in its last days. I don't watch it, but it seems like a lot of people really, really like it, so I bet there'll be a lot of sadness when that happens.
Although Keifer is losing it from what I just read in the paper. He can't seem to keep a cool head the way Jack Bauer does- even after all these years of portraying one (a cool head).
Dyslexia said:
Quote:
the top 10 t.v. shows listed by Yahoo, I've never seen 9 of them.of
1. America's Next Top Model
#
2. Dancing With The Stars
3. Knight Rider
#
4. 90210
#
5. Gossip
#
6. House#
7. Desperate Housewives

#8. Heroes
#
9. Grey's Anatomy
#10. Prison Break

I watched America's top model the other day with my daughter - I've never seen any of the other shows. It was really interesting though to watch this model show where all the girls are so over the top in terms of their emotions - if they win - they sob- if they lose - they sob...but what was really interesting was at the same time this was on, there was a documentary about people living with facial/cranial deformities. The ads for the modeling show seemed to be directly opposite the ads for the documentary, so I could click back and forth.

And there was one segment on the modeling show where this girl found out she wasn't a finalist directly juxtaposed with a segment on the documentary where this eighteen year old boy found out that because of the way his empty eye socket was situated - he would never be able to tolerate having an artificial eye- he'd have to continue with this blank space where his eye should have been.
The would-be model was on her knees on the floor hitting it with her hand and crying because she wasn't chosen (or that could have been one of the girls who won - I swear - there was no difference in the overreaction to either scenario- winning or losing).
In contrast though, what I do remember for sure about the boy when he got the bad news about his eye is his reaction - a small philosophical half smile - and his comment, 'I'm used to this anyway...'(his mom did cry though).

What an interesting commentary on life.

I think 30rock should be in the top 10 by now though. I do watch that - quality is starting to fall off somewhat though.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 06:00 am
@sozobe,
1ANTIQUES ROADSHOW
2TOP GEAR
3DEXTER
4SOUTH PARK (only when my son is not here)
5MYTHBUSTERs
6PAWN STARS
7AMERICAS TEST KITCHEN
8JON STEWART
9WHATEVER MARTHA
10FAMILY GUY
11GEOLOGIC JOURNEY
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 06:04 am
@Letty,
aussie alert.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 09:42 am
@Baldimo,
You have got a thing for sci-fi, haven't you? Interesting you have Fringe on your list. Recently, a friend recommended it as a substitute for Heroes, of which I've been lately disappointed.

Also heard good words about Supernatural, but could never get my hands on it.

Oh yea, I am a sucker for supernatural thrillers. Smile
0 Replies