Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 01:35 pm
Netflix said they would send my first CD on Wednesday of this week. Then they said Thursday then Friday. Now they are saying Monday of next week. Do they do this crap often? I'm going back to watching old TV shows instantly from Netflix, on my computer! I'm pi$$ed!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,664 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 01:52 pm
@Victor Murphy,
I can't speak for the first order and I've never subscribed to Netflix or any other service of that type. Complaints that I've heard from those who do, however, are that they sometimes start getting really slow on filling your order if you have rapid turnover of movies--those who heavily use the service are unprofitable for them.

Maybe they're trying to cool your expectations up front?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 01:58 pm
@Victor Murphy,
Netflix has always been timely for me. I'm really happy with their service.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 02:00 pm
@Victor Murphy,
Netflix always worked great for us.

Perhaps someone has the disc out, and Netflix is waiting for it to be returned.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 02:07 pm
@ossobuco,
I think most are happy, but most people aren't especially heavy users. It is those that are really using the service, like every day, who find Netflix and Blockbuster etc. to start being less accommoating after awhile.

At least that's what some have reported. As I said I don't use such services so can't say from my own experience.
mac11

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 02:33 pm
@Victor Murphy,
I've found Netflix to be very speedy. And if the next DVD on your queue wasn't available, they would just go to #2 on the list.

Are they giving you any explanation?
squinney

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 02:41 pm
I was another happy customer. Our service center was in Greensboro, which is only about 45 -60 miles away. We could get three Monday, watch them, put them in the mail Wednesday and have another three by Friday.

We finally figured out we needed to return one at a time.
Recieve 3 Monday.
Watch one and return Tuesday.
Watch one and return Wednesday just as a new one arrives.
Watch the third one from the Monday shipment and return Thursday.
New movie (5th for the week) arrives Friday or Saturday.

The ONLY reason that worked was because Cub kept up with it.

Keep your que list filled and you should have decent service as long as your service center is fairly close by.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 02:41 pm
@Foxfyre,
Fox, the only people I know around here (well, there ya go, I don't know that many people around here in Abq to talk about this with) who get Netflix are Dys and Diane, and I know they like it. You could easily be right re people who order a lot having more of a problem.

They even have a questionaire after every order about how promptly did you get the disc..

For me it really works. I've no tv and tend to be poor at getting videos back to the video store, and don't want to pay an arm and a leg to buy DVDs - so Netflix is a real answer for me. The only problems have been with myself lallygagging on watching the video, not on their end.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 03:54 pm
Foxfyre is correct in that they limit heavy users, delaying their delivery dates in order to put a limit on the "unlimited" plans they offer. I used to use Netflix heavily and I remember when the limits hit, they started taking a day or so longer to ship out each DVD.

But they didn't have changing DVD dates except for rare DVDs or recently released DVDs under high demand. Drewdad may be onto something if your list is pretty rare or pretty new and all of them are with other customers. In those cases the available date often did change as they did not know when the DVDs would be available.

0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 05:45 pm
@mac11,
They just keep changing the day my order will be sent out!
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 05:52 pm
I've heard the rumor about Netflix holding back dvds on fast turn over accounts and I have never had it happen to me.

And I watch the crap out of dvds sometimes.
All Netflix. Never had a problem.
I love Netflix.

Victor, Is it a rare or newly released disc? If it has to travel some distance, then sure that might take some time....
Can you ask them what's the hold up?
Victor Murphy

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 06:57 pm
@caribou,
It was a TV show from the 1980's "Simon and Simon" Some episodes I could watch on line and some I had to watch at home. I watched all episodes that I could on line. Now I wanted to watch the rest at home. The picture below is from season 8.

http://i37.tinypic.com/6gk00k.jpg

0 Replies