16

Creativity and mental illness

donna downing

1  
Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 12:35 am
Hello I've been browsing through the threads when I encountered this topic.

This is a very interesting find. Thank you for sharing. It was a very good read. I actually have many friends who have mental health issues and are very creative. This can be a great way to harness people's condition into something productive. It doesn't mean that we encourage depression it only means that we can use it to produce talent. Being creative can also be use as distraction so people suffering from depression won't ponder on their emotions but instead vent it out through something creative.

Thank you for sharing. Smile

StephenStevens

1  
Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 05:10 am
@JPB,
Well, to be honest, I know some artist and they are depressed. However, creativity wasn't a product of depression or vice versa. In fact, both creativity and depression were product of their character (sensitivity and analytic behavior). So, I wouldn't call these two necessarily correlated. Yes, they both may appear in the same person but there is a reason why they appear.