Accepting criticism on social websites

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2023 02:27 pm
The thing about posting comments on Facebook--or any social network--is that one person will think you're a genius, one person will think you're an idiot, and 98 people will ignore you totally by not responding.

You can't trust either extremist, especially if one is your mother, and one is your enemy. So you're dependent on the criticism of the other 98, but if they don't respond at all, then they're no help either.

Basically, a creative person has to be his own critic, and can't rely on the criticism of others especially if their judgment is merely yes or no without any explanation.

Also, sheer numbers mean nothing. If everybody likes what you write, then it's probably superficial. If nobody likes what you write, then it's either touching a taboo subject, that is, touching a defense mechanism, or it really is bad. Probably the ideal is that half the people love it and half the people hate it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,132 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Mame

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2023 04:47 am
@coluber2001,
And what's your point? People seeking validation shouldn't be. Validate yourself.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2023 06:58 am
@coluber2001,
I never knew there were so many experts out there until I started to visit online forums!
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2023 07:32 am
@hightor,
And a lot of them really are experts.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2023 08:29 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

I never knew there were so many experts out there until I started to visit online forums!

Hah, when I am checking something for my car, I usually go to these car forums and ask a question pertaining to my EV . Talking about experts: they all know it better and they start arguing and completely forget about my initial question.
Mame

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2023 11:09 pm
@CalamityJane,
Check out Scotty Kilmer on youtube. I love that guy.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Accepting criticism on social websites
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 01:22:16