0

E-book vs print book...

Seizan

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 06:46 pm
So far this year, I've published two books using Amazon's KDP (Kindle Direct Printing). I am constantly asked to republish both as e-books. I feel a bit uncomfortable with e-books because I'm not sure of copyright security. It seems that it would be easy to rip off an e-book and resell it. Copyright laws are difficult to uphold and enforce in some countries, so it would be hard to effect legal action against someone who recopies and alters an e-book and sells it as his own work.

The feel of a book in the hands can't be beat. But I do consider that sometimes it's difficult for people in some countries to buy a book a and have it shipped.
Still, I'm not sure. I don't put much stock in the claims of Amazon that their copyguard security is near foolproof (look at the ease with which DVDs and Blue Ray disks can be copied or pirated today -- anyone can do it).

Anyone here have experiences, pro and con, with e-books?

rockhudson

-2  
Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 03:39 pm
with amazon or similar this process can be secured