Arrow
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 677 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 02:10 pm
All the stops pulled out movies which are blatantly aimed at teenagers (or the equivalent mental capacity) and looking like video games rather than movies. Not the only offender, I'm afraid -- "Die Hard 3" was equally forgettable mediocrity. Some are guilty pleasures -- I rather like the energy but it is like jacking off. Once satisfied, one yearns for the real thing.
0 Replies

Corvette Summer

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 02:17 pm
Arrow
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 02:47 pm
You certainly don't have to look your best! Laughing

Movie action cliches are probably the worst. They kind of pass by you like a transparant cloud as they have lost all of their impact. Not so with something like "Saving Private Ryan" where the explosions are real, shocking and actually do kill the best people.

I could forgive the cliches if the story is excellent and well told, the characterizations have some depth and there's at least some inventive cinematic technique. Not too many films qualify that are aimed at a broad audience. The LOTR trilogy is one.

Of course, there are those pretentious art house films that have lofty ideas and fall flat on their faces. Too many of those and Miramax has seen to it that they all get distributed.
0 Replies