Have you ever seen Koyaanisqatsi?

Buffalo

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 09:40 pm
I found a link for it here...
http://www.hulu.com/watch/27800/koyaanisqatsi
I guess you can say it is a documentary. There are no words, only video. If you have 1 1/2 hours to kill, I suggest you watch it. It helps if your in a mellow mood (and you have a bottle of wine). It starts out very slow, but shows several beautiful landscapes. It begins to speed up (to say the least) at about 45 minutes. I almost feel a little depressed after watching it. I kind of feel like a worker ant! Are we better now then we were? I guess it was made in the 70's and it is funny to see the people from back then. Between about 45-75 minutes, it starts showing people and things are in very fast time-lapse motion.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,664 • Replies: 4
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 12:50 pm
@Buffalo,
I saw this film when it first came out. Fantastic film. It stuck with me for years and when DVD's finally came out, I bought it. Smile

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 08:51 am
@Buffalo,
My brother and his friends used to watch it while stoned....

I'm thinking this is why I never tried drugs.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 09:35 am
@Buffalo,
I saw it years ago. I even wrote a thread about it on A2K in 2002.

http://able2know.org/topic/25-1

It is quite a trip. I have it on DVD. Next time that I watch it, I'll have something liquid to go along with it!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 09:42 am
@Buffalo,
Just checked it out on Hulu for a few minutes. No way. This flick needs a large screen, surround sound and a big subwoofer to get the most out of it! At least it will give someone who has not seen it some idea of the film.
0 Replies