What is will?

saber

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 07:00 am
"will" I mean it is a thing which do living in my mind but I can't clearly know it is living, I just feeling something like a force to motivate me to do something.
For instance, I know I HAVE TO study for TOEFL test because I want to study abroad. So I have to prepare for the test, however, I fail to concentrate on the practise sometimes. It's not mean that I'm tired or something but I feel I SHOULD do but fail to do. Is it that I lock of "ego-self"? I want to control for myself but sometimes I fail to do so.
Some people said that "will" it is a thing that control and motivate you to do something, is that right? Anyway, I totally don't understand what "will" is and why it is important what is more, I feel the thing which in my mind is a will but I'm not sure about that. Could you help me?

JLNobody

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 09:04 pm
@saber,
I prefer "drives" to "will." We often have conflicting drives, e.g., a drive to rest and a drive to work. The strongest will usually prevail. Will power is a false notion. I couldn't give up smoking solely on the basis of will power. I had to want to quit more than I wanted to smoke. When that happened I quit with relative ease.
0 Replies