The economy is good? Cut taxes! The economy is bad? Cut taxes! Taxes are too low? Cut taxes!

cjhsa

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 06:44 am
@parados,
Cigarette taxes!!!!! LOFL!!!!

What a tool.
0 Replies

SYNRON

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 12:46 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Om Sig---Ithink I remember that you said that you were a lawyer or have practiced law at one time,.correct?

If I may, I would like to ask you( IF you indeed are ameable) to look at some of the legalisms addressed by one Debra L A W. I think she feels she is the last word on L A W, that is why she has given her self the presumptuous moniker --LAW. I hope to see you on threads where she has given positions which would be ludicrous to even the most LIBERAL jurist.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:09 am
@SYNRON,
Within the legal profession, it is very common for its practitioners
to disagree among themselves on points of law,
be those disagreements slight or radical.

If I encounter a posted opinion of a lawyer (or anyone) which evokes my interest,
I might post my own vu, be it supportive or in conflict.

I am disinclined to focus my interest upon any particular lawyer.

I have enjoyed your posts, and I am sure that we will have
good opportunities to comment upon the various threads
that will be forthcoming on this forum.

I retired from the practice of law in the 1980s.

David
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 06:31 pm
@Foxfyre,
Bullshit...

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-taxgrowth.htm

An accurate look at historical trends shows that the lowest tax rates preceded stagnations, recessions and depressions just about every time. And this current recession is no exception. And that high growth periods were preceded by high taxes on the rich.

The middle class is the backbone of the US economy. They pay the mortagages, they buy the products, they pay the credit card bills. When they don't have the revenue to do that, the economy declines.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 06:35 pm
@Centroles,
Well, I certainly wouldn't want to question authoritative figures on a site called huppi.com. I could post some links to some serious sites that would support my take on it, but you probably wouldn't accept those.

So how about we compromise. You send whatever of your money that you think the government should have to Washington and I'll keep voting in the belief that I am capable of spending more of my own money more wisely than Washington will spend it. That way we can both be happy.

Okay?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 07:04 pm
@Foxfyre,
Any opinion on any economy are only guesses. That you have some that "supports your take on it" means absolutely nothing. They are all "guesses."
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 04:08 am
The problem with cutting taxes is that it is not done ENUF.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 04:11 am
All governments in America shoud be funded ONLY from sales taxes and importation tarriffs.

David
0 Replies