16
   

The economy is good? Cut taxes! The economy is bad? Cut taxes! Taxes are too low? Cut taxes!

 
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:24 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

define "poor" please...


How would you define it?
Rockhead
 
  0  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:25 pm
@McGentrix,
You are asking ME to define your statement for you?

I think that unwise of me, how 'bout you?

I'll wait...
Rockhead
 
  0  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:27 pm
Actually, I gotta go fix a car, so I will check back later.

Y'all have fun...
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  1  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:31 pm
@Foxfyre,
The piece you link to starts out with commenting on an article that refutes what you just said is "unrefutable."

If it can be refuted then it isn't what you claim it is.

After Bush's tax cuts the economy grew at a slower pace than the 7 years before his tax cuts. His tax cuts did not spur the economy to grow at a faster pace than prior to the cuts.

Just because sometimes the economy grew faster doesn't mean it is irrefutable. It only means that 50% of the time it probably will.
DontTreadOnMe
 
  1  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:33 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

The piece you link to starts out with commenting on an article that refutes what you just said is "unrefutable."

If it can be refuted then it isn't what you claim it is.

After Bush's tax cuts the economy grew at a slower pace than the 7 years before his tax cuts. His tax cuts did not spur the economy to grow at a faster pace than prior to the cuts.

Just because sometimes the economy grew faster doesn't mean it is irrefutable. It only means that 50% of the time it probably will.


the bush cuts are just the last gasp of trickle down economics. it may have worked great for the big shots, but less good for the rest of us. hopefully joe sixpack is finally figuring that out.
0 Replies
 
kuvasz
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:33 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix said
Quote:
Well, considering the poor don't really pay taxes, who would you expect it to help?

The middle class ($50-$250 imho) could use a tax cut, but what are they gonna do with it? You'd think they might pay off some debt, but far from likely. Spend it on porn most likely.


Get this through you head you stupid, old man. People in the middle class need to pay their monthly bills just to live. This means that by doing so there is an eight times multipler affect on the economy with each dollar spent.

There is no way of determining whether a tax break on people who are already rich will direct the majority of their added income into the American business system via purchases or investment.

Prove me wrong, or kindly shut your ignorant mouth. You are talking like Grandpa Simpson and are just as looney and devoid of knowledge.
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  3  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:34 pm
@McGentrix,
I see. So your statement was factually incorrect and now you are back tracking trying to make it seem like you only meant 50% of Federal taxes when you said "taxes."

"Poor people do not pay taxes" is NOT the same thing as "poor people do not pay income taxes."
Foxfyre
 
  0  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:37 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

The piece you link to starts out with commenting on an article that refutes what you just said is "unrefutable."

If it can be refuted then it isn't what you claim it is.

After Bush's tax cuts the economy grew at a slower pace than the 7 years before his tax cuts. His tax cuts did not spur the economy to grow at a faster pace than prior to the cuts.

Just because sometimes the economy grew faster doesn't mean it is irrefutable. It only means that 50% of the time it probably will.


Try reading what I wrote a bit more carefully. I typed it very slowly so I think, if you really try to see what I wrote, you will see that what you say that I claimed is not what I claimed.
McGentrix
 
  0  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:38 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

I see. So your statement was factually incorrect and now you are back tracking trying to make it seem like you only meant 50% of Federal taxes when you said "taxes."

"Poor people do not pay taxes" is NOT the same thing as "poor people do not pay income taxes."


That's mostly your fault for being a dumb ass though.

The thread was about tax cuts, perhaps you didn't read the opening post? When most people discuss tax cuts, they are discussing income tax cuts on private citizens and corporate tax on business. Your being too dense to understand/comprehend that does not make my statement false. It just makes you a dumb ass.
McGentrix
 
  0  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:39 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

You are asking ME to define your statement for you?

I think that unwise of me, how 'bout you?

I'll wait...


Nope, I am just trying to gauge what you consider to be poor.
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  0  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:40 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

parados wrote:

The piece you link to starts out with commenting on an article that refutes what you just said is "unrefutable."

If it can be refuted then it isn't what you claim it is.

After Bush's tax cuts the economy grew at a slower pace than the 7 years before his tax cuts. His tax cuts did not spur the economy to grow at a faster pace than prior to the cuts.

Just because sometimes the economy grew faster doesn't mean it is irrefutable. It only means that 50% of the time it probably will.


Try reading what I wrote a bit more carefully. I typed it very slowly so I think, if you really try to see what I wrote, you will see that what you say that I claimed is not what I claimed.


Good luck with that. Parados has proven he has no skill at reading. Perhaps English is his second language?
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  1  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:43 pm
@McGentrix,
I see, so when McCain talked about cutting the gas tax by giving a tax holiday, he was a dumb ass?

There have been more than one plan floated to cut FICA taxes. Some of the privatization plans for social security cut FICA taxes. Even Michelle Malkin has written about cutting FICA taxes.

It doesn't make me the dumb ass when you can't be clear in what you say.
parados
 
  2  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:50 pm
@Foxfyre,
You said THIS
Quote:
There is unrefutable evidence that responsible tax cuts do spur the economy and that in turn does increase tax revenues into the local, state, and national treasuries.

I don't think I changed the meaning at all.

I suppose you could argue that a tax cut that doesn't spur the economy is not responsible but that would be circular reasoning on your part.

There is evidence that tax cuts MAY spur the economy but there is NOT evidence that it DOES spur the economy since sometimes that does NOT occur.

If you want to argue the meaning of "do" I suppose you could supply your definition Slick.
McGentrix
 
  0  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:51 pm
@parados,
You have no ability to follow a topic. I bet you are a blast at parties. Coming in late to a conversation and arguing about something completely irrelevant to the discussion.
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:53 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

After Bush's tax cuts the economy grew at a slower pace than the 7 years before his tax cuts. His tax cuts did not spur the economy to grow at a faster pace than prior to the cuts.


If only there was a reason for that. Maybe something happening during those years that wasn't happening during the previous seven years...
parados
 
  1  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:54 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

You have no ability to follow a topic. I bet you are a blast at parties. Coming in late to a conversation and arguing about something completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Really? Care to point out when the tax cuts were restricted to "income taxes" only? I wonder how I missed that so kindly point it out to me.
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  1  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:55 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

parados wrote:

After Bush's tax cuts the economy grew at a slower pace than the 7 years before his tax cuts. His tax cuts did not spur the economy to grow at a faster pace than prior to the cuts.


If only there was a reason for that. Maybe something happening during those years that wasn't happening during the previous seven years...

Yes something else may have happened, but that would provide the refutable evidence that Fox said didn't exist, wouldn't it.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 01:15 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
It's dishonest unless it's tied to spending decreases directly.

AGREED.





David
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 01:18 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
It's dishonest unless it's tied to spending decreases directly.

Yes; thay get a free ride,
like fleas n ticks on a dog.

Thay abuse democracy as a weapon against the more successful.




David
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 01:26 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
There is unrefutable evidence that responsible tax cuts do spur the economy and that in turn does increase tax revenues into the local, state, and national treasuries. Spending reductions to 'pay for a tax cut' are necessary only within the context of how tax policy affects behavior.

Mostly it all comes down to basic ideology. If you think government does a better job of spending your money than you would do, you are in favor of more taxes. If you think the private sector does a better job spending the money, you are in favor of less taxes.

That was very, very well put, Fox.
That says it all.


Quote:

Conservative Republicans fall into the latter group more often than not.

Yes; another way to express it is that people
who have EARNED the money that is being plundered by government,
have a right to KEEP the fruit of their toil.

We might also observe
that government was never authorized
to discriminate in taxation against the more successful citizens.
That is NOT what the 16th Amendment says.
Every taxpayer shoud pay the same rate,
like sales tax.





David
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Taxes - Discussion by Buffalo
How will we pay for it all? - Question by FreeDuck
Filing Federal Taxes - Discussion by jcboy
Question about 1099’s - Question by GymBody
Tax the rich! - Discussion by H2O MAN
stimulus check and tax problem.. - Question by OGIONIK
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/04/2022 at 03:42:53