html question

D1Doris

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 06:49 am
I created a div with a background on it. Then I put a table with no borders inside of the div. Now I'd like to make the content of the cells transparent but I can't seem to figure out how. Can anyone help me?

This is what I've got so far:

<div style="background-image:url(http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa227/D1Doris/gif.gif?t=1222311821); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center;">
<table style="background-color: transparent; border:0px; width:430px; height:300px;">
<tr> <td align="center"><a href="http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vY29sbGVjdC5teXNwYWNlLmNvbS9pbmRleC5jZm0/ZnVzZWFjdGlvbj1pbnZpdGUuYWRkZnJpZW5kX3ZlcmlmeSZmcmllbmRJRD0xOTc0Mzg1MQ=="><font face="Lucida Handwriting" size="4">ADD</font></a></td> <td align="center">.</td> <td align="center">.</td> <td align="center"><a href="http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vbWFpbC5teXNwYWNlLmNvbS9pbmRleC5jZm0/ZnVzZWFjdGlvbj1tYWlsLm1lc3NhZ2UmZnJpZW5kSUQ9MTk3NDM4NTE="><font face="Lucida Handwriting" size="4">MSG</font></a></td> </tr>
<tr> <td align="center">.</td> <td align="center">.</td> <td align="center">.</td> <td align="center">.</td> </tr>
<tr> <td align="center">.</td> <td align="center">.</td> <td align="center">.</td> <td align="center">.</td> </tr>
</table>
</div>
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,800 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 06:52 am
@D1Doris,
Is this post a clever way to embed a link for google page rank?
D1Doris

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 05:17 pm
@ebrown p,
No not at all, I'm trying to change my myspace page but I don't know much about html yet. I'm learning, but I'm stuck with this table and thought someone on here might be able to help me. I've looked for information on the internet already and have posted this question on the myspace forum too, but for some reason no one answers me.
I can take the code out of my post, I just thought the question would be easier to answer if I put it in there...
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 05:29 pm
@D1Doris,
D1Doris wrote:
Now I'd like to make the content of the cells transparent but I can't seem to figure out how.

That's the default behavior and when I run your code sample that's what I see so I'm not sure what your problem is. It might be that myspace has css that overrides your styling.
0 Replies