"European Anti-Islam Coference" hold by right-wings in Cologne

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 11:45 am
Police will station 3,000 officers this weekend in downtown (Old) Cologne, where thousands are expected to demonstrate against far-right groups attending an "Anti-Islamification" conference.

The "conference" includes plans for a protest Saturday against the construction of a large mosque. (The construction of it was long and widely discussed by Cologne's citizens, city council's committees and parliament before the construction plans were approved.)

City officials, churches, labor unions and all democratic political parties have organized protests throughout the weekend.
The city's parliament as well as that of the state published resolutions against this "conference.
Hundreds of local pubs and cafes are also joining in, using the name of the city's local beer speciality, Koelsch - "No Koelsch for Nazis" - for a protest that aims to block nationalists from Cologne's downtown square.

More at Spiegel-online:

Right-wing populists to gather in city of immigrants

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 11:59 am
@Walter Hinteler,
These right-wing nuts complain that the mosque will be dominating the city's skyline ...

http://i37.tinypic.com/b5n0uc.jpg

From left to right:
Cologne (Catholic) Cathedral, the Evangelical Church, the Jewish Synagogue, the planned Mosque.

0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Kill all militant islamofacists before they kill you.

http://www.omdurman.org/real_holocaust.jpg
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:11 pm
@cjhsa,
Indeed, cjhsa: warnings against ta new Holocaust is the major topic from the up to 60,000 demonstrators.

.... and just 30 minutes ago, our state's (conservative) PM said nearly literally the same: we don't want a time like the one which was the start of the Nazi regime.

But I suppose, those Nazis in Cologne and you, cjhsa, have a lot in common: a lack of brain.
cjhsa

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:52 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Indeed, cjhsa: warnings against ta new Holocaust is the major topic from the up to 60,000 demonstrators.

.... and just 30 minutes ago, our state's (conservative) PM said nearly literally the same: we don't want a time like the one which was the start of the Nazi regime.

But I suppose, those Nazis in Cologne and you, cjhsa, have a lot in common: a lack of brain.

Look dumbass, I'm not the one holding up the sign. Please pull your head out of your ass and, by the way, here's a nickel - go buy yourself a clue.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:59 pm
@cjhsa,
Well, besides those clichés: why do you support those Nazis, cjhsa? Because they use the tactic Hitler used as well "to mobilize the masses"? Or because you're conservator of Cologne's medieval skyline? Or ...?
cjhsa

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 01:33 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Thost "nazis" as you call them are trying to save your dumbass from the cloak of darkness. That sign she's holding is a threat, not a suggestion.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 02:04 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
i live in Köln and I had drawn the attention of A2K members. I am just curious to know how many idiots will support this nazis.( I had posted a thread under politics which was as usual ignored)
But i will revive with my personal observations after attentind this Anti nazi demonstrations..
cjhsa

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:00 pm
@Ramafuchs,
The "peaceful protesters" there to rally against the nationalists instead attacked them and chased them through the streets, throwing rocks and paintballs (apparently paintball guns are outlawed so they had to throw the ammo - LOFL!!!!). So much for free speech in Germany.

Drop your bombs between the minarets....
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:19 pm
@cjhsa,
Free speech? Was/is that an issue?

The "conference" is allowed as are the various demonstrations against it.

And, well, you probably don't know that: carrying and shooting guns outside rifle ranges, shooting cinemas etc is indeed forbidden here.

Be glad that you can lynch where you want to do it, cjssha!

(But I'm really happy that those Hitler children are chased through through the streets. Although it is a tiny bit unlawful ...)
wandeljw

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter,
I thought Germany had more restrictions on hate speech than either U.S. or UK. Isn't the Anti-Islamification conference in violation of German law?

Rama,
I was born in Cologne and have visited there many times. I wish you luck in your protest against the far-right.
cjhsa

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:33 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
The conference was NOT ALLOWED as the mayor shut down their venue, thus giving them no shelter from their opponents. Seems to me the peaceful were the nationalists there Walt... and denied their free speech.

Remember, Islam doesn't allow you to speak out against it or leave it or to not even be a member. Assimilate or die - that's their mantra.

You're concern over these "nazis" as you call them holds no water because of Islam's intent.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:39 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

Walter,
I thought Germany had more restrictions on hate speech than either U.S. or UK. Isn't the Anti-Islamification conference in violation of German law?

No, it's a legal "conference", with legal "tours"* and legal anti-demonstrations.

Actually, no-one thought of forbidding it: courts wouldn't accept such.

What police actually DID today, was
a) they've forbidden a "sightseeing tour" on coaches by participators of the "conference" through parts of Cologne inhabited by citizens not of German origin ('severe provocation which would lead to disturbance of public order')
b) they have arrested eight 'anti-demonstration' demonstrators for 'assault and battery'.

The main day will be tomorrow: now representatives from the federal and state government will take part in the 'anti conference demonstrations' as well.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:42 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

The conference was NOT ALLOWED as the mayor shut down their venue, thus giving them no shelter from their opponents. Seems to me the peaceful were the nationalists there Walt... and denied their free speech.

Remember, Islam doesn't allow you to speak out against it or leave it or to not even be a member. Assimilate or die - that's their mantra.

You're concern over these "nazis" as you call them holds no water because of Islam's intent.

Your inside view of what happens there must be better than mine, cjhssa.
It's very similar as what the Nazis said - are you there in Cologne and their comrade press officer?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:42 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

The conference was NOT ALLOWED as the mayor shut down their venue.

Lie.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:51 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Ha, now I know at what you are referring at: those Nazis tried to hold a press conference in a local suburbian city office.
The departemental head of that office denied them entry and the use of the city's office for that purpose.

Well, if such is against free speech .... God bless America!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 01:13 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I've now used my dictionary to get better translations of some German terms Smile

As of now, according to the press officer of the police on Cologne:

Police and city officials call it until now a "peaceful and to very low-level violence say.

Far-left protesters shoved and punched two far-right officials and threw stones at a river cruise boat which was hired the rightists for a not announced press conference.
Two windows were broken.

Police commanders accused Pro Cologne et. al. of "endangering public safety" by failing to disclose the group's planned movements and prohibited the rightists' planned "sightseeing tour" today of multi-ethnic city quarter (Ehrenfeld) as a threat to public order and peace.

Eight anti-conference demonstrators were detained for violence.

cjhsa

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 01:33 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
You're your own best argument against your own arguments. Carry on.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 12:37 am
@cjhsa,
Yesterday's events even had a somehow funny aspect: the right wings had to leave most of their hotel rooms (= were thrown out by the owners, because they refistered under false names), weren't transported by by (private) busses and taxis. So the police transported them, with flashing lights and horns ...

Today, people are advised not to go to Cologne, if possible. Clashes between the so-called 'autonome' groups from the right and left are expected.

It's amazing that most protests against the rights are totally unorganised, just done by normal, ordinary citizens.
We don't want to have Nazis again here (well, most. There are unfortunately some German/European cjhsas here, too, who want a Hitler-like regime back)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 10:42 am
@Walter Hinteler,
The "conference" today became - as the media and local people called it - a "painful joke" for the Nazis: just a few dozens instead of the announced "thousands" came today - and the police prohibited the 'gathering' because "safety and peace for our Cologne citizens has our highest priority" (Cologne's chief of police). It would be unreasonble to clear the way for a couple of people with water guns and tear gas against tenthousand local citizens.

(In Germany, police is a state force, before someone ...)