"The final verdict on an economic philosophy that has completely failed"

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 01:54 pm
@spendius,
That's called "a failure of our government." They should not rescue commercial banks and investment companies; they gambled and lost, got sloppy with their responsibilities as managers, and let greed control their actions. Government has no place to reverse the "normal" marketplace destruction of those institutions.

Because government failed in the fiduciary responsibilities under FDIC, they are responsible to the depositors for the public's money (up to $100,000).
spendius

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 02:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Why the " Re: Spendius"

I don't see that as an answer to either of my previous posts. That's a rant. And a load of rubbish as well.

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 02:39 pm
@spendius,
spendi, You'll never recognize most answers on a2k. That's a "given."
spendius

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 06:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What answers? I haven't seen any answers yet.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 06:20 pm
@spendius,
spendi, You are now on my "ignore" list.
patiodog

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 06:26 pm
Oh snap.

I'm with spendi. Not on the Darwinian angle (but, then, who really cares? that's just a small sharp stick for getting a rise out of the kiddies), but on the inevitability of failure of our system based on each individual's right to obtain a lot of crap (especially crap manufactured by children in Malaysia, oh yes).
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 10:28 am
I was pleased to see that Bush has stepped in to take control of the financial debacles facing us. He just flew over Manhattan in Air Force Once, looking down with a sad face. Also, he ordered FEMA to provide emergency penthouses to corporate executives who may have lost their jobs.
spendius

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 05:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
spendi, You are now on my "ignore" list.

Thank **** for that. Trying to be polite to complete idiots gets a bit wearing after a while and it's quite a relief when it is no longer necessary to be polite to them.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 06:04 pm
@Advocate,
That's only the beginning; Lehman Bros executives and employees are being rewarded with millions in bonuses - all thanks to the US taxpayers.

Our government knows how to spend money - they don't have.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 09:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
http://able2know.org/topic/122904-1
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:26 am
I'm amused by the ideological objection on the right to any Keyesian interference by government with business sovereignty. At the same time there are few, if any, businesses that have not lined up for their government hand-out. Today even Bank of America and Citigroup have included themselves, arguing implicitly that they cannot survive without their share of government involvement.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 03:44 pm
@JLNobody,
They mismanaged their money while earning big bucks, and now they want taxpayers to continue their lifestyles to which they have become accustomed.

Somebody has to create a new word that doesn't include the idea of capitalism.
spendius

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 04:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Obamism?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 04:53 pm
@spendius,
spendi, Can't you get anything right? This problem was created during Bush's term, and they've already committed some 7.5 trillion dollars in guarantees and bailouts. Obama is still not in office; we must wait until January 20, 2009, for that event.
spendius

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You asked for a new word that doesn't include the idea of capitalism.

The last lot are yesterday's cold potatoes. Bushism is apt for that. (Geddit?)

You still indulge your vanity in not blaming it on the American people don't you?
roger

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:38 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

I'm amused by the ideological objection on the right to any Keyesian interference by government with business sovereignty. At the same time there are few, if any, businesses that have not lined up for their government hand-out. Today even Bank of America and Citigroup have included themselves, arguing implicitly that they cannot survive without their share of government involvement.

Why does this seem odd? Bank of America recently acquired Merril Lynch, like they had the bucks to snap up a bargain. Now, they are looking to the government. Same with Citi. There have been so many banking failures the past half year, I've forgotten their target, but I believe it was WaMu (Maybe Wachovia). Can't they even project three months into the future?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:05 pm
@Robert Gentel,
David is an emotional and intellectual toddler. He always has to have his way. He had to have been extremely spoiled as a child so that any form of regulation, any form of give and take is communism to him although he has no idea what communism is or was or might be.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:06 pm
@Woiyo9,
Oh, gosh, what a temptation your post presented and what I want to say.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:10 pm
@JLNobody,
Hypocrites, aren't they?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:11 pm
@spendius,
And you are a blank sheet of paper.
0 Replies