Dental Gold

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:54 am
I had my teeth extracted and requested my gold crowns back. I was told that it was against the law to give me back my gold because it was a biohazard. Does anyone know if this is true, and where I can find that law
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,264 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 03:23 pm
@Wooddude,
What's your jurisdiction?
0 Replies

Charle Goster

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 10:05 pm
@Wooddude,
Hello Community,

Dental gold is one of the most popular forms of gold used for recycling and earning extra cash. When dentists work on patients, they often remove old gold teeth, fillings, bridges, and crowns. Often these gold scraps are thrown into a drawer and kept safe, but dentists never get around to doing anything with the gold. With gold prices being high currently, some dentists send the scrap gold to a professional team of metallurgists. They weigh the gold once other minerals have been removed from it, and compensate the customer at fair market value.

Best Regards,
Alondra Marrero
Ragman

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 07:10 am
@Charle Goster,
http://able2know.org/topic/201040-1
0 Replies

Charle Goster

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 09:23 pm
@Wooddude,
Hello Community,

Dentists use curing lights to harden composite material used for tooth fillings or bonding. Once the resin mixture is placed inside the patient's mouth it has to be cured, or hardened like ceramic. This means that a certain type of light must be shone onto the filling in order to harden it and bond it to the tooth. There are two main choices of light that will react with resin composite fillings, according to the American Dental Association. One is ultraviolet light, and the other is visible blue light. Both of these lights, while necessary to harden the fillings, can damage a patient's eyes.

Best Regards,
Charle Goster
0 Replies

Charles Brown

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 06:13 am
@Wooddude,
It may be a law, but the dentist should give that gold to the patient as the gold rates are very high. If it is really harmful, then the people should really remove the golden crowns as soon as possible.
Ragman

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 06:39 am
@Charles Brown,
The Op had posted this SIX years ago and is no longer a member of this forum. You might want to check datestamp of threads as this one has been inactive for a few years.
0 Replies