partner in business

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:49 pm
I was a partner in a business for a few years. We decided to close it. We were a INC. Since then I have a couple that is trying to sue me personally,she has even sent the sheriff w/papers to my husbands ex- girlfriends, and ex-wife. They brought it here but the name was not mine and the company was not in my home it was in another city. What can I do besides go into court and tell the judge I didnt own it all by myself. Is there anything else i could do. None of the other partners are getting any of this crap just me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,005 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:59 pm
@motorhead446,
What are they trying to sue you for? Something the business did? Or something you did personally?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 08:53 pm
@motorhead446,
motorhead446 wrote:

I was a partner in a business for a few years. We decided to close it. We were a INC. Since then I have a couple that is trying to sue me personally,she has even sent the sheriff w/papers to my husbands ex- girlfriends, and ex-wife. They brought it here but the name was not mine and the company was not in my home it was in another city. What can I do besides go into court and tell the judge I didnt own it all by myself. Is there anything else i could do. None of the other partners are getting any of this crap just me.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you were a partner, then you couldn't have been incorporated. Partners own partnerships, shareholders own corporations. If it was a partnership, you can be served process in any lawsuit against the partnership; if it was a corporation and you were an officer or director, it's possible you also could be served with process. We would need more information to make any sense of this. You can start by answering Foxfyre's questions.
0 Replies