A Voting Sham!!

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 04:01 pm
I suppose it is in part because I live in Florida that I am so utterly disgusted with the concept of election in this country. Never in the entire course of my life have my ideas about what this country is or what it stands for been so very, very low. It is no longer a democracy, so for me to vote is to act like a complete and total fool. Surely if the Supreme Court of the USA can go ahead and make a "one time only" decision, as they did when they PUT a redneck , ignorant, lazy governor (Bush) into an office he has not earned or deserved,
Maybe I should go to my voting locale with black tape over my mouth. There must somehow be a way I may symbolize that I KNOW this is not democracy anymore. That I KNOW I am being cheated and lied to and have been for so many years. I know there are way more women voters because of the war in Vietnam, but are you going to try to convince me these women would rather vote for another man?? And a black man at that, without one fraction of the kind of experience Hilary Clinton already has. How long it's been this way in our country, I have no idea. I only just became thoroughly aware of it when they put that idiot Bush in an office he did NOT deserve nor earn. I KNOW that I have no voice, no say about anything in this godforsaken country. Nor do the rest of you if you are really honest. And I am SURE those bombings of 9/11 were carried out by the USA military and were well designed to make Bush's war more palatable to the apathetic, frightened millions living in this country. You & I, we do not COUNT to THEM; no more than ants in "their" backyard. But we are ants who COST them money! Now how much do you lose sleep over the deaths of ants in YOUR backyard?? That is precisely how much the government of this country cares about you or I.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,139 • Replies: 1
No top replies

MCharcoal

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 12:01 pm
@babsatamelia,
From the view of my backyard, You may be right. It is sad, isn't it?
0 Replies