Sniff, sob, google hates me! :(

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 03:07 pm
Hi CdK & Co.!
I'm hoping you can shed some light - I know google wants backward links. And gosh darn it, I want to give em to it! Smile
I did try registering with Dmoz numerous times under separate sections. So far, nada, zippo, big nuthin.
Okay, so I have my signatures list my site, as in the bottom of this post. End result? Google still reports no backward links to my site, although a search using gadgetaddict does reveal places i've posted, links (i think), etc. - so how do I turn my signature into a google-able link?
Any help mucho appreciated - I still have a page rank of zippo Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,943 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 03:16 pm
Google does not spider the signature links here anymore. I do this as a SEO perfectionist measure to prevent page rank drain.

Soon URLs in posts won;t be indexed by search engines either. He he, this is what you do when you get page rank and then want to swish it around your site and make it do what you want. To do so, ya can't have page rank drain that you do not control.

But don't fret, I am under a large workload right now but eventually I will release some ways webmasters can leverage A2K in a controlled (and more worthwhile) manner.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 03:22 pm
Cheer up, the "linked to" search on Google sometimes lies:

A different search that shows backlinks

To me it looks like everything is going fine. Since I had you get rid of that redirection it has indexed many pages.

When things calm down over here I'll write up a manual on SEO and phpbb. Then ya can do even better.
0 Replies

gadgetaddict

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 03:34 pm
thanks (as usual) for the quick reply. So, based on your search, which functioned basically like my "gadgetaddict" search on google, do you think i'll eventually get a page rank of at least .0005? Smile
In other words, at this point, what should I do, or just sit it out and eventually google will wake up? (ugh, i hate not being pro-active!)
Thanks again!
Gary
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 03:38 pm
Just remember that the page rank calculations take time. Your pagerank might be different but they haven't updated the calculation yet.

It's a calsulation based on all the sites they have. It's not something they recalculate frequently. Keep plugging away and when they update it you will be happy.
0 Replies

gadgetaddict

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 07:16 am
okay, but i won't be happy a moment sooner Smile Thanks CdK!
0 Replies