collapsing post/threads

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 10:19 am
over the past few days I have started a new policy for meself; any post or topic containing more than a few "normal" paragraphs will be collapsed. I am not willing to spend the time constantly scrolling past cut and past or prolonged essays.

nimh

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 10:26 am
@dyslexia,
Fair enough. Then I will balance that out by, in turn, collapsing any post that's nothing more but a throw-away line or two. I'm here to find interesting information, well-argued cases and well-sourced specifics. I'm not willing to spend the time constantly browsing through pages of one- or twoliners that people pop off whenever they have a brainfart. Twisted Evil
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 10:30 am
@nimh,
hmmm...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 07:35 pm
@nimh,
Yeah, you're talking about me, aren't you? Cool Wink

Even though I like and respect you enormously (yes, enormously, nimh, as you must know, but not as much as Francis and Georgeob1kanobe, since I've met them), I'm with Dys on this. I can't stand those 3 page articles that are cut and pasted all over the place. Sum it up and provide a link!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 08:04 pm
well, then I will just collapse everything.

hows THAT..

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 08:26 pm
The 2 & 3 page cut and pastes are pretty rare actually and are usually used to start a thread that can be easily collapsed without having to put a thumbs down to a person who just wants to be included in the party. There are some who use only cut and paste and rarely offer their own interpretation or commentary and those I almost always scroll over without reading. There are some thoughtful people who offer a lot of their own interpretation and commentary who occasionally also will post a thought provoking article that is often appreciated by others. Those disinclined to be informed by it can easily scroll right past.

This form of communication is difficult enough without issuing a style code for the length and content of posts.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 08:13 am
yes, it's true i'm the evil censure of a2k because i don't care to read about expected trades of utility infielders at a later date by the Dodgers or, McCain suffered from erectile dysfunction when he returned from Vietnam or, about Obama being built like a brick loo or word games/puzzles/trivia or about the tourist from Atlanta blames blue-corn tortillas which caused him to run amok robbing 3 banks and beating to death his nephew. It's also true my arranging MY reading of A2K and collapsing thread/post I won't read sirously harms other a2k readers.
bunch a bozo's!!!!
mismi

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:06 am
@dyslexia,
That's what I have done. I collapse the stuff that annoys me to read and keep the things that I want to see when I sign on. I think it is a great thing. I think it is quite useful and makes it a much more entertaining place for me.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:12 am
@mismi,
so, you are also a hater of free speech?
mismi

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:15 am
@dyslexia,
you bet your bippy
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:17 am
@dyslexia,
actually - anyone can say anything they want all day - there just comes a point I don't want to listen to it anymore.
0 Replies