Download Programming help...

Dedshaw

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 06:11 pm
i recently downloaded a .efw file(named Java) and today i was trying to download a file and its .exe, but i click the link to save it, and it opens up the save as and where to folder, and tries to save it as the .efw file. how can i make changes to it so it installs under the right code, the .exe? btw i already tried clickin the down arrow box to save as type, and it only gives me the .efw file.
Thanks in advance
David
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,876 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 06:37 pm
@Dedshaw,
oooh.... don't know what a .efw file is... maybe one of the techies will be along soo to help - good luck.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 06:48 pm
@Dedshaw,
You are confused and not giving enough information, so I will answer you without the specifics I could if you explained it more accurately and in greater detail.

First of all I'm going to guess that you are on a Windows operating system and that you have the file extensions hidden from you by windows.

You can change this by doing something like (since you didn't say what operating system you are on I can't be sure this will be the exact way to do it for you):

From Windows Explorer > Click View > Options > View and uncheck the box for "Hide file extensions for known file types".

Then just download it to your desktop and rename its extension there. The type of file you are trying to open is sometimes a .zip file, so if giving it a .exe extension doesn't work for you try giving it a .zip extension and opening it with a Zip compression utility.
Dedshaw

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:57 pm
@Robert Gentel,
sorry i didnt mention my operating system.
and yes indeed i am using windows, but it is windows vista instead of xp or anything else if that makes a difference. i cannot find anything in windows explorer that is leading me to options, and eventually the check box that your speaking of. maybe the info i just gave will hopefully help out, but thank you for your input so far. i am still trying to figure it out through the windows explorer route.
rhymer

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 05:46 pm
@Dedshaw,
Have a look here....

http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/efw
0 Replies