An amateur's political ad suggestion for Obama

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 12:27 am
Advertisements are one of the things I like to dissect. Here is an ad made by an amateur who proposed that Obama take the comparisons of McCain to Bush to this level. Have a look:

What do you think? Should Obama use this kind of ad? I think it's overstated for a political ad and comes off a bit strong (leading with the claim that Bush is the worst president in history is too controversial a claim to lead a maintstream political ad).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,006 • Replies: 7
No top replies

rabel22

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:17 am
@Robert Gentel,
I think the add is ok. I dont know if Bush is the worst president we have ever had but he is right there with the least of them.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 10:27 am
How about eight years ago? Isn't it interesting that so many Americans still want to continue the Bush legacy for four more years with McCain?

When will these Americans wake up from their stupor?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 11:18 am
My amature advice to Obama would be to pull the head back into the shell and wait it out. It's your election - unless you really mess it up.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 11:41 am
I don't think it would change anyone's mind. Of course, I can't believe how many people still think Bush is an honest well meaning guy who made a few mistakes. Those same people will happily vote for McCain and his granddaughter.
Wy

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 08:03 pm
@Green Witch,
Oh, GW, I know people who think Bush is an honest well meaning guy who hasn't made any mistakes. They still think he's the bee's knees... Of course, one of 'em doesn't think we ever landed on the moon....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 08:14 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I think that is corroborative to people who agree with the premise, but a real annoyer to people making up their minds about McCain/Palin, or slightly for McCain. Thus self-defeating as an ad.

Slick, though.

By the way, I like the ad series you and Nick (I may have missed others) have been doing.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 08:21 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, and annoying to people like me, an O/B voter, who don't want Obama/Biden to do those kind of ads.

Presumably - for me - annoying to Obama and Biden as an ad idea.
0 Replies