Couldn't people celebrate more quietly?

littlek

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 06:12 pm
I am feeling party-pooperish. My family is on the Cape enjoying a weekend together. I am here in the city. There are three back yard parties going on in lots abutting my apartment. One in particular is LOUD! It makes me feel even lonelier.

Why are all you people online right now?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,367 • Replies: 9

mac11

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 06:14 pm
@littlek,
We're here to keep you company, of course.
littlek

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 06:15 pm
@mac11,
Aw shucks! That's nice.
Stormwatch

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 06:45 pm
@littlek,
I'm hanging out online waiting for my daughter to come on. We took her back to college today and I'm wondering how her first day back was. I guess it's good that she's too busy to message her mom ....right? Confused
Rockhead

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 06:49 pm
@littlek,
Lil'K, me and the cat are havin' smoked Sockeye, steamed broccoli, and seared sea scallops by our lonesome, yer welcome to join in...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 06:57 pm
I am online because I am enjoying my new laptop.
I have been chatting all day, editing photos quickly and otherwise enjoying being spoiled.

Party?
where?
and why wasnt I invited?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 07:00 pm
@littlek,
I'm online for two reasons:

1) I'm jetlagged, and there realistically is no real-life place where a bunch of people you really like keep you company at 2:55 am local time.

2) Although I'm technically on vacation, I have to fill in for a colleague on short notice. (My agreement to fill in was the only reason I was allowed to fly to Germany at all.) That means getting some preparatory work done before America wakes up on Tuesday. There are some gaps in the workflow (*), when the computer churns away on a simulation. These gaps are perfect for A2K-ing.

(*) Yes, I know that "gaps" in a "flow" is a horrible mix of metaphors. I am appropriately embarrassed, but too tired to do anything about it.
George

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 07:16 pm
@Stormwatch,
Just got back from bringing the young'un back to college (his second year).
I'm feeling a little lonely. He worked at the same company as I do this summer
and I really enjoyed his company.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 09:59 pm
@Thomas,
Are you running the amount of energy expended by the 500 km asteroid, Thomas? While you're at it could you calculate its temperature before it meets with the Earth's atmosphere and its temp just before collision? Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:03 pm
Ah, after all that I feel like I abandoned my fellow posters. I watched The Kite Runner. It hit the spot.
0 Replies