Couple Wed in Funeral Home

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 01:16 pm
Quote:
- It generally has flowers, and a clergyman is often present, but this was a first for a local funeral home.

Jason and Rachael Storm held their wedding at Starks and Menchinger Family Funeral Home, where he is a funeral director.

Their reception, including dinner and dancing, also was held at the funeral home.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080901/ap_on_fe_st/odd_funeral_home_wedding;_ylt=AqT4pmVPyVn6tt.dfqjjlQXtiBIF

What do you think of that? How would you feel about going to a wedding that was held in a funeral home?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,310 • Replies: 5
No top replies

JTT

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 01:20 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Perhaps they don't expect the marriage to last very long or it gives more meaning to 'til death do us part.
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 01:22 pm
@JTT,
Maybe the couple got a package deal! Laughing
ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 01:26 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I went to a wedding at Forest Lawn Cemetery (Los Angeles area, big place) once in the sixties. I have a faint memory maybe the fellow worked there in a part time job (he was a student friend). Anyway, I think they had a chapel for weddings - I'd have to look it up online at this point.
This struck me as plenty strange at the time.
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 01:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Holding Events at Forest Lawn Facilities

Whether it's a school graduation, denominational convention, conference, temporary worship location, or large gathering, Forest Lawn has a wide range of facilities to choose from. We would be happy to discuss the free use of our auditoriums, churches, and other facilities for your group's needs.

We also offer facilities for weddings and corporate receptions for a fee.

http://www.forestlawn.com/Special-Events-And-Facilities/Index.asp

Osso- You remembered correctly. I wonder if a corporation which is going "belly up" would have a farewell party at Forest Lawn?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 02:01 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Now there's an idea..
0 Replies