New A2K is Anti-Free Speech

dlowan

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 06:54 am
@ancient punk,
Lol!!!

Welcome to A2k, Ancient Punk.

This is just one thread with a couple of folk sturming und dranging because the forum has changed recently.

I wouldn't make too many judgments from this thread.
Explore, have fun!
spendius

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 06:55 am
@spendius,
I managed to find acronyms by the search box. It put me in at page 850 so I had to go the the end box. Not Next.

I can't see Trivia being played at all if that's what has to be done. I used to play five or six of the games on Trivia in the time it takes for that. When a few of us got hot and started competing for speed and wit is was almost "Live".

So there's some "substance" sacrificed there. Whether that substance is any good to you, Bob, I don't know. I recognise that providing us with that sort of thing is not your priority. I'm in business myself. I decide the form of things in order to cater to the public's need for "substance. So do everybody else. And I'm not in a big enough way to pay for faking it.
spendius

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 07:00 am
@ancient punk,
Quote:
I'm confused. I've just joined this site primarily to comment on a thread about a music club. This thread is like something out of the new world order. Theres a lot of hatred here?

You should beware of thinking friendly debate contains "hatred". You could get confused. Then you might have to seek the exclusive company of people who talk in platitudes and other forms of gobshite.
0 Replies

ancient punk

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 07:04 am
@dlowan,
Yes I think I'll go and explore now.
spendius

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 07:12 am
@ancient punk,
If you find the source of The Nile ap write it on a piece of paper. put it in a bottle, waterproof of course, and throw it in the sea when the tide's going out.
spendius

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 07:36 am
@spendius,
Right. What you have to do is this. You find this thread on Your Posts and select it. Then you find "ancient punk" and go to his posts. I've sexed him already. Then you can get on this thread without scorching your eyeballs through trying not to blink. Aren't we impatient creatures? Then it's easy to get back here. And back to ap. Then you have to make it interesting and "warm and fuzzy" and get everybody to vote this thread up to the top and then there's no need to go through ap. Which is a win/win situation.

And just like TV before it we end up with A2K permanently discussing itself at the top of the page.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 12:39 pm
@spendius,
I haven't done anything to your posts. Rolling Eyes
spendius

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 01:28 pm
@Robert Gentel,
When did I say you had?
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 01:32 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Why have you altered My Posts Bob?
spendius

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 01:56 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Sorry--I meant "My Posts" not my posts. Before today when I selcted "My Posts", which was the only way I could make any sense out of it, my efforts were at the top of the page in reverse order of their time of posting. From today I'm faced with a list according to popularity and have to scroll to find what is current. Which is tedious.

I'm trying to figure out how to use the format quickly but I'm more or less bolloxed. I tried to find whether The Pentacle Queen had had anything new to say. I typed her name in the search box and after five minutes I gave up. Even her "My Posts" was no real help.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 02:00 pm
@spendius,
If you change the sorting, it sets a preference till the next time you change it. So just set the sorting back to the "new posts" instead of "most votes" and it will be back the way you had it before you changed it (and "new posts" is the default sort there).
ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 02:53 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
I used to play five or six of the games on Trivia in the time it takes for that. When a few of us got hot and started competing for speed and wit is was almost "Live".

tag the five or six trivia games that you like to play with a label that makes sense to you ... favourite trivia games ... games of trivia ... Spendi's Trivia favs ...

then when you go to your "my tags" click on favourite trivia games/games of trivia or whatever you picked as your tag

you can stay playing in that subset until you choose to go out into the greater forum world - you'll get your speed back

I've done that with word games. I'm not a fan of trivia, so I tagged the word games I liked out of the old word game and trivia forum. I just play within that word game subset - don't even see the others. Saves search time.
spendius

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 03:12 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Thanks Bob but I'm even more flummoxed. I finished up with "no topics" on My Posts.

Thanks E. I'll try to get a translator for your post tomorrow. I know somebody who does Double-Dutch when she's inspired.

It shows how much I am devoted to A2K you must admit.

It's early closing at the pub out of respect for the Lord's Day but I'll have a tinker when I get back.

Stay cool.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 03:13 pm
@ehBeth,
I like the word games that call for some level of inventiveness and/or wit, and I've so far clicked down the rest - well, in my opinion. There is one haiku thread I have to find.. not the main one, but one started by cav long ago that involved certain intricacies. (I can do that, it's just on my list of stuff to do.)
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 03:19 pm
@spendius,
Then you should also set the filter to "all time" (the default for that page). But I'm not going further with this fake stupidity yet again (like you did about the selected thumbs on voting), you should either stop playing dumb or stop drinking while operating machinery. Laughing
spendius

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 04:41 pm
@Robert Gentel,
No Bob. I'm serious. It's not mock stupidity. It's the real thing.

Imagine, if you will, that you're in Air Traffic Control. It's a bit dead and E has just brought your coffee and bagels in. And MAYDAY goes off.

It's me. The 400 passengers have voted me into the hotseat after the pilot and co-pilot had an accident which incapacitated them.

It's your job to talk me down to a smooth and safe landing bearing in mind that the passengers are cowed in their seats with their hands over their ears.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 04:43 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
It's your job to talk me down to a smooth and safe landing...

I'd quit my job.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 04:46 pm
@spendius,
Spendy, just lean over, bend your knees, put your head down,

and kiss yer ass g'bye...

Shocked Wink
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 04:58 pm
@Robert Gentel,
No you wouldn't. You're bluffing. You would have a go at talking me down. It would be dereliction of duty otherwise.

And you wouldn't pass up the chance of being a national hero. E would see the potential. We would all be on Easy Street. I would say I couldn't have done it without your expertise and dedication and you can say that you had E keeping you calm and E could say that she knew spendi would pull them through.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 05:10 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
No you wouldn't. You're bluffing. You would have a go at talking me down. It would be dereliction of duty otherwise.

If you were the pilot I would not accept that exercise in futility. In any case, this is not an airplane and nobody is going to die if I decline to hold your hand and walk you through how to undo the sorting changes you already made (and have thusly already found). I don't believe that you are being genuine about it and think this is your idea of a gag (to play stupid and watch others earnestly try to help you), and even if that's not the case you are still being too dense for my threshold of patience. So either way I'm not playing this game, it smacks of a drinking game when one is sober.