Do we have a plumber on the board - BIG/LITTLE HIDDEN LEAK!

Izzie

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 02:23 pm
@McTag,
Oh no..... not sorted.... leaking loos!!!!!

Who knows when SWW will turn up - thing is... still can't quite understand it.... I mean, when I didn't have the water meter.... the pressure would have been around 7-8 bar.... and no loos leaked etc.... so even tho there is a PRV there on the water meter.... I get the logic of the pressure forcing the valve up and causing the loo to run constantly.... but if it didn't do it before the PRV at higher pressure, why would it do it now?????

mmmmm... confused! Wonder if both cisterns are now broken when the air lock blew.... shower head was blown right out!!!! Strange a?

Good luck with the electrician - do you have an RCB which is switching the power off each time... could be a faulty appliance as opposed to the circuit, depending on how sensitive the RCB is??? Hope it won't be expensive too for you.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2011 11:52 am

Adverts not allowed here, please note.

Don't forget that the capital cost of a new boiler has to be offset against the notional future savings in gas costs.
0 Replies

plumberinjhb

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 01:43 am
@Izzie,
Great advice given.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 04:50 am
FEED THE STORY TO THE NEWSPAPERS to shame the Water people into action!
Get a reporter and photographer around and pose with a sad face next to your water meter so you'll be splashed all over the next edition..Smile
"I fear four hostile newspapers more than I fear a thousand bayonets"- Napoleon Bonaparte
0 Replies