"Craven took the trash out today..."

Seed

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 12:59 pm
Just because he doesn't think that this can be a popular thread....

Probably right, I mean who wants to know what Craven does with his trash...

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:00 pm
I was curious about what happened to the poop in the kitchen.
Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I was curious about what happened to the poop in the kitchen.

Was THAT what I nearly broke my neck on??? Laughing
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:04 pm
who knows... hidden under the magazines?
Seed

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:08 pm
well I guess he was right.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:10 pm
OMG! I was gonna start this thread last night...

I hope it remains popular so I can link it as a reminder. Forgetting trash day is such a bummer. Glad Craven still has a sharp mind after the week he has had.

(Awwww! Am I seeing a little Seedlet? )
ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:13 pm
@squinney,
Is anyone else having trouble remembering what goes out each week. We've got blue bins one week, grey bins the other, green bins every week, and yard trash is ummmm some week. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:18 pm
Recyclables in clear plastic bags for us--go out every week. Trouble is remembering what day of the week it all goes out. Also, how do two people generate so much trash?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:21 pm
Then you got to know when you can or can not burn leaves in the ditch for those who do so.

And god forbid if they change the day on you
squinney

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:27 pm
It's regular trash and the green tote on Wednesdays. Time varies. You may put it out no more than 12 hours before Wednesday and must retrieve and store the emptied bins no later than 12 hours post pick-up.

Hazardous waste on the first Monday of months containing 31 days, except December, of course... Who wants to handle hazardous waste that isn't consumable on New Years Eve?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:28 pm
@Seed,
Seed, this thread is exhausting! now, carpet remnants ... are they garbage? are they recyclable? are they household? large household?

Anyone need a carpet remnant? I think it'll be easier to give it away than figger out the right day to dispose of it.

[sigh]
Seed

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:31 pm
and people wonder why houses have couches just chilling on their ditch for a week at a time. They put it out on the wrong day.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:32 pm
@Seed,
now couches I know - they're large household

I think

Seed

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:37 pm
@ehBeth,
What about love seats? still large but small in the family. Recliners as well? Tis a mixed up gumble.

and what about glass... I think it was said already, green, brown, clear.... gah
ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:44 pm
@Seed,
and styrofoam - is it plastic?

i think it is here, but not where the hamburgers live
LionTamerX

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 01:56 pm
@ehBeth,
Y'all are lucky. We have to haul our trash and recycling to the dump every week or two.

The trade off is that we can burn at will. And we make the most of it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 04:52 pm
@Seed,
whats that smell?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 04:59 pm
@ehBeth,
My neighborhood doesn't have the multiple big trash barrels in diff colors yet, Albuquerque being slooooooow at this stuff - which is just as well since once the heat here gets less scorching I have to get out there and build a path so that I can put my expected trash bins on the side of the house. Really nice for the neighbors, and me too, from the living room side window. So then I'll have to rig some kind of charming fence/partition, so the neighbors can look at something less ugly. Which will mean setting posts, blah, blah.. but first I get to design it, so that should be the fun part.

Oh, and before all that, I have to dig out the Photinia fraseri large shrub that is directly in the way of a path.

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 05:17 pm
@ossobuco,
The bins are supposed to be set out on the sidewalk facing a certain way.

I live in the old part of the city. Narrow streets, tiny properties, narrow sidewalks. The largest bins (they come in three sizes) take up the entire sidewalk. Some people can only store the bins in their backyards - but the spaces between the houses are narrower than the bins - so they get to haul the bins through the house - empty and full - pffffft - other people store them on porches - then have trouble getting them down stairs.

This system was NOT designed for pre-WWI neighbourhoods.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 01:26 am
@ehBeth,
you mean the cat poop
0 Replies