Expanding all posts becoming the default

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 07:02 pm
Prior to launch I'd personally found the default post height to be irritating and strongly considered making the expanded posts the default. I am more and more convinced that this site is better off with the expanded default and we'll soon change the default to always be expanded.

This may put you on the wrong side of your own preference in this regard but a quick trip to your preference page will sort that out and you can use it however you want.

Nick Ashley

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 12:52 pm
This change has been pushed live. Users who have not changed their preferences will now be seeing posts expanded by default (as will logged out users).

As Craven said, you can still display them however you would like by going to your preferences page.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 06:07 pm
@Craven de Kere,
Very good!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:36 pm
@nimh,
Agreed, nimh. I played with both. As a2k is these last days, I like it expanded. If we get more long pasted or otherwise exuberant threads per page, I'll be glad to be able to switch back to the short for scrolling practicality.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:39 pm
@ossobuco,
I was wishing I could adjust it by topic. Collapsed for politics, expanded for social threads.
nimh

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 08:34 am
@ehBeth,
Yeah, or what would be cool would be some button by the side of the post, where you can automatically expand a post if your default setting is the standard size box, or reduce a post to standard size if your default setting is expanded...
0 Replies