i hate it. good knowing yall!

jespah

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 04:15 am
Honey, this site is here not only for people to ask and answer questions, but also to not be alone. Lots of folks here are craving adult conversation after being with an infant all day long, or intellectual conversation or just goofy talk and good feelings.

I know that every day I am here, I am going to see a photo of a beautiful animal, someone will make me laugh and someone will make me think.

The interface, eh, it is what it is right now, but it's going to get better and you will also find yourself getting accustomed to it. Really. When I was on yesterday AM it was a lot harder to navigate than when I went on yesterday afternoon. This morning it's easier. You just need to give your brain (and we know you have a good 'un) a chance to process the changes.

You'll work it out.
FreeDuck

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:13 am
@OGIONIK,
How can you hate it? The old site would have blocked out "*******" but here you can swear full throttle.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 08:48 am
@jespah,
That's funny--I come here to act like an infant after being with adults all day.
Borat Sister

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 08:57 am
@Gargamel,
The Pitcher of Infamy wrote:
That's funny--I come here to act like an infant after being with adults all day.

Indeed.

To each of us their own.
Gargamel

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 09:17 am
@Borat Sister,
Ah, I was wondering where you went!
Ragman

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 09:31 am
Stick around, Ogionik, if you can handle a few days of confusion. It actually is far better organized than you're giving credit. It's different and perhaps 'cause your own emotional state now, you're less tolerant for some reason? Try to be patient while you get used to the change. There's so many neat parts of this forum, it's often a pleasant surprise what you can find out here that you might not find out elsewhere.

This is my first post since the transition. I've become an unsually patient person (at times) and love to figure out puzzles. Perhaps 'cause I've worked in the software industry as tech writer, I know how hard creating interfaces and to get right. This one works far better right now in its infancy than many I've seen. The dedicated creators/producers/toubleshooters and beta-testers should be lauded. Nick and Craven will have it working well pretty quickly. I can't imgine doing such a task for no money. I find it hard to criticize at this moment and far too soon in the process - especially to just plain give up on it.

I have a loyalty and I'm habituated to this site. This loyalty has been earned by the caring, helpfulness and dedication of the members. The person/people that make it possible have done a major service to a REAL community of like (and not so like) minded souls. As we've seen by the passing of members (like Noddy), this community can be as close as family. It can be a great companion when real-life doesn't provide us with one.

The bottom line is it's pretty good entertainment -- even the negative or off-the-wall, crackpot side is worthwhile. Awareness of opposing views is valuable. Aftrer all, one person's crackpot is another's visionary.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 09:36 am
I try not to think too much about this stuff. Learning to navigate a new system by reading directions or listening to advice is too much for the brain. I prefer to push random buttons until the desired result is accomplished.

If you want to know the easiest way to do something, ask a lazy man.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 01:58 pm
@Gargamel,
I s'pect there are a few more like ya.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 02:54 pm
Grow a set and behave yourself.
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 03:34 pm
@Lash,
oooh look at this cutie, never seen lash before...
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 03:41 pm
@OGIONIK,
OGIONIK wrote:
oooh look at this cutie, never seen lash before...

Back of the line, buddy!
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 03:42 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
ugh a line? i hate lines, nevermind!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 09:25 am
ogionik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxplqo7hzh4
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 09:29 am
@Gargamel,
Da Kool Aid Acid Test wrote:
Re: Borat Sister:
Ah, I was wondering where you went!

How can you miss me when I won't go away?

Wink
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:06 am
Hey Og - glad to see you still here. Don't you go away now y'here!!!!!! Good talking with you last nite - and we got to see your cute photo. JPB and RH have gone out for a drive thismorning leaving me and the little fella at the house.... and with the computer - so I'm still figuring out how to get round this new A2K too. Love our family here - you're my adopted kid brother - so keep hanging out here hun. x Very Happy
0 Replies