THANK YOU CRAVEN AND NICK!!!

maporsche

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 09:36 pm
@Craven de Kere,
I think it's great that you guys are trying to improve the site for all of our benefit. It's not like I'm sending you check for all your hard work (I don't even click on your ads,...sorry) I hope you don't take my whining as being unappreciative.

I just really liked what you had done before; your layout was a big reason I kept on coming back. This, well, I just don't know.
jespah

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 03:56 am
I'd like to thank the Beta testers for their time, their attention and their honesty.
0 Replies

Nick Ashley

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 03:32 pm
I really appreciate the kind words from everyone. I love to program, and get much enjoyment and satisfaction from creating things. However, the feelings I get creating this site are on another level.

The community here is truly amazing. And by that, I don't mean the website itself (although it is pretty damned slick, if i do say so myself... Very Happy) Every good programmer wants an audience. But to have an audience that is this large and appreciative is unheard of.

Ever since I've met Craven, I've known A2k to be his baby. I am already starting to feel that way myself. Thanks for letting me into your community, and together we can do great things...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 03:45 pm
I. too, would like to thank Craven and Nick for their work and also, like everyone else here, I am glad to see that dlowan has been banned.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 03:52 pm
Quote:
Re: thoke(Post 3358220)
Argh. Why am I thoke? I meant to log in as Agrote.

This site is fucked, I'm leaving.

Thank you, thank you, thank you....
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 11:38 am
@maporsche,
I think we all had become very accustomed to the old site structure and had long since figured out ways to make it work for ourselves. The new design is more complex, but it has many very interesting new possibilities. I can already find my way around much more comfortably than at first, and I suspect that soon I will be as comfortable with it as I was with the old one. I believe that experience will be common.

The interactive, self-adjusting features of the new system are perhaps the most difficult to learn and appreciate. However, I believe we will all learn to value them much more as time goes on.

Thanks to Craven and all for the very creative new work.
0 Replies