not a new topic

jodie34

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 05:15 pm
Joe

I know this is one big mess. Maybe I am not explaining things very well also. When Mom passed away my dad had the house deeded to all of his children but that he would be able to live there as long as he lives. So the way I understand is that the property already belongs to the children (us).
So my brother is divorced and wanted to move in with dad and he decided he would like to buy the property from us (his siblings). So my brother ask all of us to sign the deed that he drew up and we agreed to sign it all but one sibling. And he hasn't ask her to sign. My brother now seems to have lost interest in purchasing the place . Although we signed the deed he has not paid us any money. If everyone signs the deed can he have it recorded without paying for the property although it stated he was to pay us an X amount of dollars? I really thought after we signed it he would give us the money right away. Should he have paid us before we signed the deed?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 662 • Replies: 2
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:10 am
My response is here.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 11:45 am
If your father is still alive, nothing is going to happen.

The house can't be "sold" because he has the right to live in it until his death.

AFTER his death, it goes to all of you WHEN THE DEED IS FILED.

Then you can all hassle about who gets what, and who will buy out whom.

No money can be given to anyone now because it is NOT actually owned by anyone other than your father, with survivor rights to you kids.
0 Replies