Interested in auditioning

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 11:30 pm
I've heard about a website(s) where inexperienced people interested in pursuing a career in acting can post pictures of themselves and schedule auditions as extras for movies. Does anyone know where I can find these websites and which I can trust?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 590 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 09:30 am
I believe this is one career that is risky to explore on the Internet. You could find the nearest agency to where you live in California with a brick-and-mortar location and a Website. I'd call them or E mail them and ask how long they have been in business and do they have references of actors they represent. I'd search the major studio sites to see if they have any casting features.

If any of them ask for money up front rather than just head shots, I'd be wary unless you can thoroughly check them out.

Of course, many screen actors have gotten their start on the stage and in their local community theater. Acting schools are another good way to go.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 06:19 pm
Thanks. =]

But I think I'll save time & just risk it. Heh.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 06:20 pm
I will try what you said though. And I'd love to enroll in an acting school but they're so expensive!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 06:56 pm
Try a local state funded college.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 01:50 am
It would take too long and too much time.
I just want to see if I could do it.
You know, start from something easy, such as appear as an extra where I'd just pretty much have to just stand around or talk to someone in the background, etc. I want to see how that would be like, and if I'd like being on camera & just learn what acting is really like - before I make such a big step & enroll in classes.
0 Replies