The sad tale of Rakan Hassan

littlek

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 09:19 am
Some of you will remember the story of the Iraqi boy who was paralyzed in Iraq when American soldiers panicked and shot up the car he was riding in. His parents died in front of him. It was all caught in photos.

He was brought to America by a combined effort between Ted Kennedy, Donald Rumsfeld and a doctor from Boston. Here he charmed all he met and made incredible progress through physical therapy. He learned to walk. After several months he was ready to move on. He was determined to go back to Iraq and what was left of his family. That was 2 years ago. Last June he was killed when someone blew up his house. He

And article in the Boston Globe portrays the tale with passion. Written by a Boston Globe columnist who knew the boy well, it is incredibly touching.

Globe Article
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,673 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 05:43 pm
@littlek,
wow. Heart wrenching.

T
K
O
littlek

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 07:29 pm
@Diest TKO,
Hey! Thanks for the reply.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 04:44 am
Thanks for sharing.

I suggest you look into the story released August 17th 2008 (two days ago) in the Washington Post about Jumah al Dossari.

Another very heartfelt story. This one however has a happy ending.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 05:15 am
I created a thread on it but I had a **** fo a time tagging it with all the related themes...

http://able2know.org/topic/121159-1#post-3364541

T
K
O
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 06:41 am
@littlek,
Yes I read this last week - brought tears to my eyes.

Also, brought a question - the one the doctor pondered - should he had let the boy go back to Iraq?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 05:00 pm
@littlek,
Kevin Cullen wrote:
"It's not fair," Brendan said.

And Brendan is right.

He is so right.

I don't know what else to say. And that's probably good, because stuff like this makes me so mad I can't think straight.
0 Replies